Saturday, October 18, 2014

In a Hurry to DIE!

Yes when someone blasts out around me to get ahead, I think they are in a hurry to die. But that was me, when I was young. I always had to be in the lead. I still like to drive fast, but I do not take chances like when I was young. On my cycle I used to pass between cars on the yellow line. When you are young, you cannot get hurt!!

That is why we had so many headlines in the paper;  Local Youth Fails to Negotiate Curve!! It still happens. Young attitudes do not change with the new batch of daredevils coming of age every year. I had to be out in front of the pack. I always led the pack. the other guys knew I cornered like crazy. It was a contest to see who could take the corner the fastest, and lean over the most. To reach out and touch the road meant you were the greatest  corner carver in the group!

I always did block long wheelies on the loop route. Showing off satisfied my adrenaline fix for the moment. When I was being chased, and made it home and put my bike in the garage, it felt great knowing I made it alive home again. I cheated death one more time!!

Well, I am knocking off for Three days. See you this weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment