Monday, August 13, 2018

Wildwood or Bust - Part 4

We made the last leg of our trip with no big calamadies. We pulled into Ocean City New Jersey about 5:00AM tired and thank full to be there.  We parked the bike at the entrance to the boardwalk, and went under the boardwalk for some shuteye. Back then a lot of kids slept under the boardwalk. It was not dangerous.

We woke up about 10:00 AM. Lots of noise from the boardwalk. People everywhere, we looked for a cheap place to chow down. No McDonalds here yet! Lots of small chow houses. We filled our empty bellies.

Headed to the boardwalk. Here I was a stranger to everything. Not like Wildwood where I knew where everything was. I hoped they had walk away sundays like Wildwood. They did! Vanilla, strawberry, chocolate combo ice cream block, with a square cone to match. Then Dipped in hot chocolare, then in non-pirells and chopped peanuts. With a topping of whipped cream.
Just pay and walk away!! Not a visit to the shore with out one.

We walked down to the ocean. For years every pair of motorcycle boots I touched in the salt water. Even when Mary and I Visited Bob and his wife Steph in Vineland N.J. in february 1972 before we got married, my boots were in the water.

I think sometimes Mary wondered what she got herself into. Well almost 47 years, she is still around.


No comments:

Post a Comment