Friday, August 17, 2018

KISSES

It is 9 am Friday morning. two days before we leave for Ocean City, Maryland. Our daughter, son-in-law and their 3 kids, Mary & me. Laura has a time share we use every year. I would not have joined, but now I realize it is a good deal. Yes, I burn easily. That is another story. And yes, Bob was involved. And yes it was terrible.

I took a break to greet Mary, she sleeps upstairs because before she retired 8 months ago she worked 9 pm to 7 am, sleeping days. I sleep downstairs.

We have a cape cod. When we built 35 years ago I wanted a bi-level. Mary in her wisdom said cape cod. We both have arthritis then, she said with age it gets worse. She has worked every other weekend all her life. 

We make sure we kiss on the lips every day. We read years ago, couples that kiss on the lips everyday live longer. And we want to upset the undertaker by just not dying!! Mary visits her sister 4 days at a time. every 4 or 5 weeks.That is the only time we don't kiss everyday. Her husband died 4 years ago, Mary started staying over because her sister really missed her husband. Helping people gives you credit for that life extending kiss.

When you are young, you hurry home to make love. At 70, you hurry home, but now it is to take a nap first, then make love!! So kiss every day!!

When I lost my license for six months, the girl that rode bike with me a lot was Kathy, she was going with Mike. His dad's office cleaning company was where he and his brother worked second shift weeknights. When I finally met Mike he said to Kathy, "What do you do nights while I work?" She told him, "I ride around with Randy". People though she and I were hooked up. NO, I respected another man's lady. 

Mike lost his license, and his full size 1964 Ford convertible sat. When I lost my license, Mike let Kathy drive his car. She would pick me up. When she rode with me on the bike, she would hug me and lay her head on my shoulder. I figured she  did not get attention from a man and needed it. 

Because I started getting served at bars and beer distributors when I was 18, I was the beer man to everyone underage.  Saturdays Mike was off, so Kathy picked me up as usual, with Mike. We would get a case of cold beer and a few more friends. This time we stopped across from the sub shop, Speeds. I was drunk, so I stayed in the car. Everyone else went in to eat. 

When they came out I was hugging a telephone pole. I could not stand up without support. Mike and the other guys said to me, "Let's go, we are all under age for beer". I put my arms around the pole and I said until Kathy kissed me I would stay here. The guys grabbed my legs and tried to pull my arms off the pole. It was like in the movies, I was just about horizontal, three guys pulling my legs. Mike says, "Kathy for Pete's sake kiss him so we can leave before the cops came". I finally got that kiss from Kathy I dreamed about. Too bad I was too drunk to remember how it felt.

We kissed and hugged our kids when they were young. Our parents never did that. We kissed and hugged our grand kids too. We hug kids and grand kids holidays now. The 7 year old grandson for years wiped off any kisses. His mom just rolls her eyes.

When Jeff calls from California, when we both say goodbye we say, "Love you". Our  parents were not taught to hug and kiss. That is a shame! 

We hug friends, too. Bob and his new wife Paula hug us every summer when they stop in. Dave my cycle buddy since 1964, we hug. Linda our waitress at The Udder Choice near Ephrata, we hug. Dave and I meet every couple weeks for breakfast. Yes, Linda, the same Linda that told me to be careful who I call Gorgeous in a previous page.  LOL Linda's picture hundreds of pages back. Yes this blog is now close to 1,000 pages. 

Yes, Mary and Marcy, my Computer Queen, both say I talk too much! Both glad I have this blog. I am not bothering them as much now that I write what I feel. 

Mary is at the store. When she comes back I must give her my dog voice, "Mom! Dad's pulling my tail! Mom dad's pulling my ears! Mom dad's getting my snooter!" Mary never tires hearing that! 

If you do not hear from me in one or two days check and make sure Mary did not choke me, or if I am too stiff to climb down from the kids play house because Mary  made me sleep in there again. Yes, Pics of playhouse on this blog.

Send Mary a sympathy card, she going on 47 years putting with me. She was timid and shy when we got married. NOT NOW!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment