Thursday, November 15, 2018

Danger is my business.

Yes, I took a lot of chances in my life. I am an adrenaline junkie. No drug you put in your body is better than adrenaline, to us. I believe that is why I stayed away from hard drugs. Sometimes you must take chances. The donor letter I send out has a link to my 15 minutes of fame on YouTube.


The Town Lively one on the front page of the Manheim edition of the Merchandiser got us a $500 donation from a Manheim couple. The biggest donation to date. I want people to see me. I need the publicity to get more donations to Stop PTSD Suicides in Veterans and First Responders.

If playing the clown brings in more donations, I will do it. If walking around the cruise-in's with a cop cam on my chest to record people telling me about the work on their hot rod, next year I start filming. I will send the video to Marcy, and she will edit it and post it.

I get no kicks from spending at least ten hours every day pounding this keyboard. In summer, out in the hot sun, being careful so that I do not get dehydrated and collapse. Four hours walking I struggle thru.

When I am ready to quit, I remember the poor souls that took my place in Vietnam. I enlisted in the Navy Reserve before Christmas, my senior year. My blood pressure kept me out. That is what killed Lloyd, he was 76. I am 70 now, and have been on blood pressure medicine since 1974.

My Registered Nurse since May 20, 1972 keeps me alive. She's a KEEPER! Marcy, another Gorgeous lady, checks everything I write. She makes me look like I know what I an doing. Mary is my spell checker when she is home. When she is gone, Marcy catches my mistakes. Thank you GORGEOUS ladies for keeping me alive, and catching all my mistakes.

I do not take many chances now. I am tired of being in the hospital, and recuperating at home. Having my own RN is great, but it still hurts to heal. Mary cuts me no slack, she knows I must get up no matter how much it hurts. Movement means quicker healing. Yes, I have had 4 bad concussions. But with a FATHER and SON to watch over me is great. I just don't try THEIR patience like I did when I was young. Pain is a great teacher. You certainly remember the painful lessons better.

No comments:

Post a Comment