Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Maingy Mutssss !

We lived in a double wide trailer on a cement block basement for 10 years. It had alunium siding, and a shingle roof. But still built cheap. The daughter across the street,  in her early twenties never said anything when I said hi. I figured she though she was better than we were. Our dog barked a lot when anyone across the street was outside. One night she yelled, shut up you Maingy Mutt, I just stared at her.  This was dog number one we had. We were cruel to him, we found out later. We kept him outside in a doghouse I built and insulated. I even put on a clear plastic flap so he was out of the wind. We had him about 2 years. The boy other side house next door was a little retarded. At birth water on the brain. He would let our dog loose, then catch it and bring it back. I would give him a couple dollars, till I saw him letting the dog loose. I went out front just in time to see a cars tire wack the dog's head. He died instantly. So much for dog number one.

We build our dream house with a 10 acre woods 60 feet from our back door. The farmer sold cornfield acerage for houses, and put an incasement on the woods so it cannot be developed. We love it here, going on 33 years. Mary wanted another dog after Jeffrey was born. I hesitated. She says don't you want your son to have a dog. Of course I gave in. Happy Wife, Happy Life!!

Another insulated dog house with a flap to keep the wind out. Like the other dog, when we let it run it went wild. We had trouble with the dog biting anyone who came over to it. We told everyone stay away from dog. That just made the dog madder. Finally we had to put the dog down, we could not control it. In its third year was its last.

Now I realize it was my fault. If you have a pet, it must be played with, not chained away from the house and people. The two Mutts we have now are lucky, they are in the house, sleep with me, and are spoiled rotten. Like me they eat too much. Us three are over weight. A sign of easy living.

Yes, I love these dogs, even though the Shitzu has a lot of accidents. He bit Mary's finger when she was trying to get aluminum foil out of  his mouth. This week he bit me too. Both really just a nip. I have a hassock beside the couch and a book shelf. We cannot see in, it is his man cave. When not sleeping on my legs. I have restless leg syndrome, they like the movement.

I told Mary, tomorrow we must move his man cave and find his stash of aluminum foil. Mary & I both eat Klondike bars, me Reese's Peanut Butter cup, and Mary Klondike Heath ice cream bars. I always make a ball from my foil backed paper. Mary puts hers in the trash flat. Of course Mary's not at fault for not rolling her wrapper in a ball, it is my FAULT. See line above again, Happy Wife, Happy Life.

It is close to 47 years since we said I DO! It took a long time, but I learned the lesson well! SEE above a for 3rd time!! HW, HL

No comments:

Post a Comment