Thursday, September 27, 2018

pics 2 with descriptions

 My 1961 comet, 6 cylinder, 3 on the tree! Baby moon hubcaps were hot in 1965.

Bought this new Schwinn bike 1964 for my paper route. Old bike wore out!

 My 450 Honda at the shore. I had to take my shoe off and put the
side stand in it, to keep it from falling over in the sand.

 My 400 horsepower Pontiac

 1962 Pontiac again.  6 houses in this row now a parking lot for Belmont Shopping Center. My older brother went down there after they tore the houses down. I got one brick and lots of memories.

 I like sleepers. I kept stock hubcaps, Just had the back end about 2 inches above the front. In 1967 gas was around 40 cents a gallon. I was spending $150 per month running the loop route.

My 1961 Mercury Comet. Baby moon hubcaps come later.

My RingMaster model airplane days, where I met Bob, my mechanic for my racing car and bikes.
Souped up engines, the planes did about 60 Miles Per Hour. With 52 foot control wires, you
learned fast to concentrate on the plane and not look at the background whizzing by and get dizzy. The
Decal read - Flying Dutchman - Now it is only radio control Planes. I don't think they even make
52 foot lines and  plane kits for bellcrank control anymore.

My 1967 Mercury Comet, I traded the 400 horsepower Pontiac for a luxury car.

My cowboy phase
       
 My racing vette I built. 1/24 model. but everyone thought it was real size.

 Motorcycle Dave at end of summer 1966 heading from Manheim, Pa to
Southern Illinois University, to learn how to make crowns and single teeth.

 LLoyds Hemi V8 Desoto. That is where I got the race BUG!

 My 450 Honda I bought in 1969. 1967 Mercury Comet under tree.

 Very Handsome Kid!! I was introduced to wheels at a young age. Thanks Lloyd!

 Edith did not know I would be a dare devil like Lloyd!

 My hardened attack puppies, practicing the attack move.

 YES; they practice day and night. Sometimes under my chair at my computer. If I close the door, Buddy Holly cries to come in. He gets stepped on and kicked a lot. He is always at your feet.
Mary says I am his human. I cannot use the toilet alone!!

Buddy Holly, compact and deadly.

 They attack any burglar, unless they have a dog bone
in their pocket like the Federal Express man.

 My Superhawk before chopping.

 Mary says there is hope for me YET!!

Ring Master with McCoy 35 engine. My flying wing had a Fox 35x, with missile mist it
would run about 40,000 RPM's. We made our fuel, Very heavy on the missile mist.
Like today, nitro methane, 3 times the horsepower of gas alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment