Sunday, September 7, 2014

This is LLOYD!


This is a picture of Lloyd Sylvester Caldwell, my father. He had to quit school at 16 years old to help his dad do the farm work. His Dad was a hired hand.

They lived in the farm house on Fruitville Pike, just four houses down from where I grew up. During his life time he worked hard to support us. He was a gentle man, helped a lot of people. Like Mary and I he had a lot of people living with him.

He liked to help people a lot!  That is where I get it. His sister was mentally challenged. He helped her a lot. My mom's mother's brother was mentally challenged too. Dad helped him a lot too.

That is why I am naming  my charity" Lloyds Rides" in his honor! I know he is looking down now and smiling. He always smiled a lot. Maybe it was the chew tobacco he always had in his mouth. LOL

Thank you LORD for giving me Lloyd as my father. I am proud to be like him!!  Little did he realize, two years later his dad would be killed by a drunk driver. They never got a cent for my grandfather's death!!  JUSTICE??

This is the story of my dad's life, nothing quite worked out like you would think it should. But like me, my father never stopped doing. That is where I get it from. THANK YOU DAD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment