Sunday, October 21, 2018

Adrenaline Freaks!

In 2016 we bought Sophie for $150.00 from a young couple with 2 small kids. One year later we rescued Buddy Holly. Sophie a beagle, border collie. Buddy a shutzu. The male Buddy, Sophie female. Luckily they took to each other right away.

Both like to run, and play fight. They circle the couch in the middle of the living room. Sophie circles counter clockwise , Buddy clockwise, and clash when they meet. When new people come over, we tell them right away, it is play fighting. From the growls, and Sophie grabbing Buddy by the facial hair, or ears you would think it is real. Sophie has short hair, so after Buddy gets dragged, and Sophie lets go, Buddy clamps down on Sophie's long snout, and she cannot open her mouth.

Buddy then is on his back, and Sophie grabbing his legs, or neck in her mouth. After a few minutes of fighting, Sophie lays on her back, and Buddy attacks. It is comical to watch the commotion. Sometimes they are fighting under my chair when I am writing on my blog. I have seen them either come in my office, or we are watching TV in the living room and they just stop, Both then hit with legs straight, they are so tired they are panting and just fall over like both were hit by bullets. They are that tired.

Of course they take turns at the water dispenser. Buddy Holly loves to sleep on my legs. I sleep on the la-z boy coach. Three person with both outside seats recline. Since my motorcycle accident it pains my shoulder if I lay flat. Sophie is beside me. Buddy keeps me warm. One dog night! A lot of times he is throwing out so much heat he jumps down on the floor.

Buddy has a hard time jumping up on the couch. He can just look over the seat on his hind legs. His short legs love to run. He is about six inches behind Sophie when they run. A couple times Sophie hit the brakes, and Buddy rear-ended her.

Buddy comes back in the hall to my office to start his run. Sprints out into the hall, past the bathroom on the right. Past the couch in the middle of the front room. He turns left about 23 degrees to line up to the front of the couch that I am reclining on.

I work on my Charity over 12 hours every day. Being 70, one knee replaced, the other bad I take breaks about every 3 hours to get my legs up so the blood can easily pump back to my heart. Mary's RN Training!

I just happened to look back the hall and saw Buddy running as fast as those little legs would go. I started yelling Come on Buddy, and repeated it as he swerved  to the left to line up with the couch seat. Unfortunately he made the leap too soon. His snout was about four inches too low. About 10 minutes later he tried again. This time he jumped at the right moment.

I had my arm ready so he would not hit the back cushion and bounce to the floor again. Of course I rubbed his body, and head, and made a fuss over him. His umbrella tail was going a mile a minute. He still jumps up on the couch, but from in front of the sofa now. I guess twice was enough. Sophie is always up on her side looking like. SO what, I do it 10 times a day.  

Sophie has Buddy's side hair again. Drags him around. Soon Buddy will get his turn.
Buddy the flying squirrel, no that was Rocky, sorry! Rocky you will see later.
Hall to the left, Sophie about where Buddy makes his swing to the left at full speed.

I looked out the porch windows and saw it, do you? My pet Rocky.  Nice we have 10 acres of woods out back. And it cannot be developed. That is why I built here.

 I am reclining on the couch.Lower right, my feet under blanket. Waiting for the stampede again?
Sophie one of the few moments they are not in Mortal Combat! I am sitting on my side! I have one place, Sophie has the other two. Dogs are like our 2 year old granddaughter; MINE,MINE!! 


Buddy's chair to jump up on Buddy's table so he can see what Sophie is barking at in the circle. When Mary is reading in Buddy's chair he pines. When Mary leaves something on Buddy's Table, he pushes it on the floor. That table is MINE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment