Friday, October 19, 2018

Rodney Who??

I hit the loop about 7 PM on a Saturday night, in my 62 Pontiac. The police were looking for anyone misbehaving, walking or riding. After 4 loops, I picked up 1 guy and 3 girls. We drove for four hours from McDonald's (MC DUCKS) to the loop, driving under the golden arches every time. Another hour at Dunkin Donuts for coffee, donuts and talk.

I had stopped and got a case of beer before their 11 0' clock closing. We drove around the farms looking for a long lane that had a spot not seen from house. It was about 2 AM when we settled on the perfect driveway. I backed in, around a corner and shut off the ignition. We piled out ready for a well deserved cold beer.

Just as we started to chug the suds, headlights came toward us from the road. Everyone panicked, and ran. The car was registered in my name. I could not run. The car pulled up to mine, an old looking man in bib overalls got out. He said, He was young once, just leave and no trouble.

I yelled for everyone to come back, no trouble. I shook the old fellow's hand, and said thanks. He backed out, I followed and left, the girls hung out the window and waved. They said there was a nice looking older person in the car waving back. So much for long driveways no one comes home at 1 to 2 PM Saturday nights.

My chain wearing phase. I picked up Kathy on a Friday night. I put high bars on my bike (Ape Hangers) They were 10 inches higher than stock. I went to the Triumph shop in Columbia, Pa and he had a front brake cable long enough. No clutch cables long enough. He cut and soldered one to fit. I made a 3/8 chain necklace for myself and one for Kathy. We looked BAD! The chain was heavy, and would irritate whatever skin it touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment