Thursday, May 22, 2014

A not so desperate act!!

I picked up a change of clothes, drove the eight or so miles to the Heart of Lancaster Hospital, went inside and picked up the best looking nurse there and brought her home with me. I thanked the people on the floor for taking such good care of my soul mate, I told them I really need her!

Mary is not completely pain free, her chest still has some pain, but it is definitely not her heart. What it was, they don't know. So much for modern medicine. I am just glad to get her back. I do not fare so well without a soul mate to keep me straight! We men need a woman to keep us going. That is why married men live longer than single men. This experience has taught me that "GOD is just a prayer away". Also tough times never last, but tough people do.  And that the female species is a lot tougher than us males. A man would never last through childbirth! And women volunteer to go thru it numerous times.

Yes Mary is home, and I am not worried as much any more. Thank you friends for the e-mails to remind me to keep breathing, so I don't land in the hospital with Mary. You all knew I would be flustered! I went to pick Mary up, and it was the first time I went to the hospital in about thirty years that I was a visitor, and not carried in unconscious in an ambulance. I had a new experience caring for Mary. Not being the one on the table with wires coming out all over the place. I had to call people to tell of the problem she was in instead of me this time. I wish it would have been me, it is hard looking at a loved one in pain, and I can do nothing to help!

Yes, this was an act not of desperation, but of caring for my soul mate. Sometimes we do not see eye to eye, like her throwing me out of the emergency room for being too loud. I was scared, and my volume goes up when I can't handle the situation. But I got her there in one piece, and stayed till I could do no more to help.

Today she was happy to see me. Either she missed me, or was just was glad to get home again. LOL She said she must take a shower, there are sticky places all over her chest from the wire pads they stuck on her to record her vital signs. I know the feeling well, I had those sticky places a lot of times myself over the years. I hope she does not have to go thru this trauma as much or as bad as I have over the years. I would find that hard for me to handle.

I don't want my loved ones to suffer like I have and do now. I am paying for all the hurts I have had over the years. Your body does not forget the mistakes you made, or others made to you. My cycle accident in 2002 is the biggest ghost I have. It will haunt me till I take my last breath. But considering all the good parts in my life, family and the closeness of them, I can withstand the pain for a while longer. I will do it for my family. I owe them that much. They are the best family an old fart like me could ever have. Thank you LORD for showing me the light and giving me the best loving family I could have.  Thank you Randy "Hoss" Caldwell

No comments:

Post a Comment