Monday, May 5, 2014

Felt great today!!

I rode Bruce's Harley over to my house today. We are going to store it hoping he will get well enough to ride again. It was only a little over 10 miles, but it felt good. Except for not having a windshield or leg protection in 60 degree weather. Also it does not have air shocks, fat tires, floor boards and quiet mufflers. Also I got two bugs in my mouth. You know me, I always have my mouth going. Bruce calls his Harley his BABY!

When he called later, I did not answer hello. I said your baby is fine, nursing, on the battery charger. And purring like a kitten. I know Bruce needed a good laugh. We all do in this life. That is why GOD keeps me going to make everyone laugh! He knows I am good at it.

Yes Bruce has had a lot of trouble since he had the stroke. But his spirits are improving. I told him about my neighbor Jim asking about the Lawn breakfast. Bruce picked up three cards at the rally, about the Lawn event. He said here are two cards. One for you and one for your neighbor. No matter how low Bruce might be feeling, he thinks of others.

Yes this weekend Bruce and I will be watching the bikes come into Lebanon. We will not take our bikes, because Bruce can't ride his yet. Baby is waiting patiently in my garage hoping Bruce will heal enough to ride again. Please LORD, help Bruce so he can ride again, even if it is just short rides.

Once biking is in your blood it does not stop till your last breath. I am sure when Bruce takes his last trip he would want his casket to go by the sidecar hearse for his last ride. I know I would like that too. Your last ride, on our favorite transportation, a motor cycle! Hope the weather permits it. There is a tombstone near my parents with a motorcycle engraved on it. It was a young boy who lost his life too early. His parents put his motorcycle and hot car on his stone so when he looks down from Heaven he can see it.

Baby waiting patiently!

Bruce waiting anything but patiently to ride Baby again. !!! You know how us bikers are! I hope Bruce does not have in his will to be buried with Baby! But then it is his decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment