Friday, May 16, 2014

Grateful for these living years, all of them!

Yes I an happy to still be alive. A lot of my friends did not make it this far. Some we lost at a very young age. They had no chance to build a family. And a lot of them threw away their family by leaving. I find that hard to fathom, that you give up and start a new family, or stay single into old age. Then some people stay single their whole life. Had I stayed single I would not be alive now. Booze and nicotine would have done me in. And my reckless behavior would have caught up with me. I thank THE LORD every day for giving me Mary. She saved me from myself.

You people who were like me understand what I am saying. Being bi-polar is a great way to an early grave. And I was headed there very fast. Luckily Mary showed up and helped me limp thru life till I diagnosed myself on the internet at fifty years old, Finding the right combo of medicine changed my life for good. I no longer jump from depressed to manic minute by minute. If you have trouble, get help. It will change your life. I am manic most of the time. That is why I have the attitude I never give up!


I was always bullheaded, that is where Kyler gets it from. The terrible three's are bad enough without being head strong too. Yes I am pushing my business. It has mesmerized my outlook on life and given me a purpose in retirement to push to keep alive when a lot of retires wither and die. There are some things since I have gotten older I can no longer do. My knees are shot, I can not get down on them no more. Mt left shoulder was replaced with plastic and titanium and I favor it when lifting.

I have trouble on a ladder now, when I spent a lot of my life on ladders, scaffolds and lift truck buckets. That work is for the young people to take over for me. I did my time doing dangerous work. When I used to fly around in small airplanes to get to sites to repair systems. That is a great memory now. "When I was a kid I used to do that; wait I still do!" Is a saying I use no more. But I can still talk a neighbor thru a repair. I did when Drew next door drilled into the wire in his father-in-law's stove wire putting in a microwave over the stove. I still have my brain, feeble as it is getting! LOL

Yes my kids have the never give up attitude too. I am so glad they absorbed some of my good traits. Hope they forgot my bad ones and do not repeat them.

Thank you. Randy "Hoss" Caldwell

No comments:

Post a Comment