Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Working in the garden for Mary

Yes I am working my part time job, helping Mary with the chores around the house. Right now we are getting the garden going. It is great over summer to pick some of GOD'S bountiful harvest right from the ground, and have it for a meal fit for a king. When the kids were little we grew potatoes, dug them out of the ground and I made french fries. The kids told everyone we grew french fries in our graden. LOL

Yes we have a lot of fond memories of our family growing up. I just gotta find more pictures and put them on my blog. Having a loving family is more important than having a brick and mortar business. Too many people in business lose their families. I chose to close my business, and concentrate on my family. I am very glad of the choice I made.

When I told Mary years ago that a friend had a nice hot rod, but no family, she answered you cannot cuddle up to a car to keep warm on a cold night. She is right, at least for me. Yes she is very wise and understanding. I told you opposites attract! LOL

I am going out to see what Mary finished in the garden after I left to work on this computer. She has installed one side of the support fencing to hold the vines off the ground. It is almost 5:00 PM, so she has gone upstairs to nap till 8:00 when she gets ready for work. We will attack the garden fence tomorrow afternoon again.

My roofer is coming to check the rubber roof on the back part of the house. the corners have worked loose and stick up. Not bad for 20 years of wear. He was going to come tomorrow, glad he called and said tonight instead of tomorrow. I can ride cycle tomorrow in the morning while Mary sleeps, and work with her in the afternoon.

I took  pictures of gardens, will put them on this page as soon as Mary loads them into the computer. I am not smart enough yet to do it myself. I have a lot to learn on computer and internet workings. Mary has managed to incorporate garden space wherever she has a little bit of space. It amazes me how she can work wonders with whatever she decides to work with. She has even worked miracles with me. And that is really something hard to do. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment