Thursday, May 22, 2014

Mary threw me out!!

Mary got home from her overnight trip to her sisters about the time I hooked up on Skype with my Internet coach, Marcy, for our weekly call. Mary came into my office and announced her chest hurt so much the doctor she called said get to the emergency room right away. I shouted to Marcy I had to leave to run Mary in, and she said good luck and I will pray for you and Mary. Good friends always stand by you in time of need!

We flew the eight or so miles to Heart of Lancaster Hospital, and I took her into admitting. While they took her info I moved the car to the parking lot. When I returned they were taking her into the emergency room. Millions of flashes flew thru my brain. Lots of things I hoped to never think about filled my brain!

I finished her paperwork and signed a lot of things I did not read too close. I wanted to be by Marys side. When I walked in the locked door, I shouted, where is Mary. Everyone said room 12 and pointed that way. Mary was laying on a bed with four ladies sticking all kinds of wires on her. For the first time in my life I was really scared. I did not know how to act. I was never on this side of an emergency before. Till now it was always me lying there with people working over me and Mary sat patiently by my side. With the roles reversed I was not ready to accept what was happening. How would I cope, I always had Mary to tell me not to worry, everything would be all right.

As the day drew on I accepted what was happening. Mary was telling me not to worry. She knew me being a man would panic and needed reassurance to maintain my calm. I am glad she was not like me in that bed. Most times I was unconscious from the accident. No help to a worried mate! As time passed and Mary talked to me I settled down, somewhat!

I walk, and talk when I am nervous. I kept walking up and down the hall and talking to the nurses and doctors. Mary told me not to bother them, they are busy. After they told us she would be in overnight I left to get her iPad, charger and the charger for her phone. When I got back I got another diet Pepsi. Mary getting three nitroglycerin pills and a shot of morphine had enough of her senses left to give me a hard time about drinking my third soft drink in four hours time. She always looks out for me, because I can't.

About nine o'clock she got tired of me talking so much and said I should go home and get some sleep. I kissed her goodbye and said remember I love you. She said she loved me too, even though she was throwing me out! I had called the three kids earlier, and her two friends from nursing school. Today I called her sister and two brothers and told them what was going on. Like I said this is new to me, being the one who alerts the family. I told her before I left I wish I could take her pain, I am in pain so many times I feel I can stand anything. Then I remember I am male and cannot take as much pain as a woman. We are wooses I know, but we do love and care for the women we have. Thank you LORD for taking care of Mary! And for getting me thru another crisis.

Put us on your prayer list. Especially ask the LORD to help me, I need all the help I can get! Like I said before it is great to have friends to help you thru a crisis!

No comments:

Post a Comment