Monday, May 12, 2014

I feel GOOD,I Knew that I WOULD! AGAIN!

Yes I am in great spirits today. The secret to getting ahead is GETTING STARTED. Getting started is the big stumbling block in life. Once you get your body rolling, it is a lot easier to keep it going.

This morning I had a foot Doctor appointment at 9:15 AM so I rolled out on the motorcycle before 8:00 A M so I could take the long route to get there. I rode up to Hershey which is about 40 miles out of the way. And coming back on the bypass I could feel the bad vibes leaving my body. After the Doc finished, I took the bypass again and rode up to Reading, a lot of miles out of the way. But it was fantastic.

I was doing what a two wheeled iron horse was made to do. Cruse the interstate with no real destination to end up in. I rode over 120 miles and returned in great spirits. You never see a motorcycle in front of a shrink's office!  It is so much better than on a couch, spilling your troubles. Ask any biker.

Yes today I feel good! I mowed the yard when I got home, and it was about 3:00 when I was done. To top off a great day, I even stopped and got my favorite turkey sub, with extra onions, sweet peppers and a lot of hot peppers. I believe if your mouth does not burn fifteen minutes after you are done eating, it was not hot enough.

Years ago, Mary would not sit beside me when I eat hot peppers, because the lingering aroma would make her eyes water. She sat at the other end of the table, far away. Well they say opposites attract, and Mary and I sure are opposites. But we made such good looking children. Luckily they did not take after me in the looks department!  LOL

Yes most days I feel good. I try to keep a good feeling in my head. When I was younger I had a lot of days of doom and gloom. I had a lot of headaches from worry. It takes years to get over some habits. I quit smoking, which was torture. Limiting the booze took time too. I have only drunk two beers since the new year. I am trying to eat better, too.

Since Mary got me off diet soft drinks I feel so much better. I still drink a lot of coffee. I use no sugar, artificial sweetener, which is probably something wrong with it too. My Doctor told me forty years ago "If you put something in your mouth and it tastes good; spit it out! It is no good for you" !! I tried living on just air, but it is so polluted, it is probably worse than the food! LOL


This is my helmet from the accident in 2002. It is just by the goodness of GOD that I am still around to put my raves on paper. When I was launched off the cycle they tell me I hit head first on the pavement and bounced. I am glad enough people stopped to help me so no one ran over me in the middle lane. It is my angels who stopped and helped me.

Now it is my turn to be an angel to Bruce. I owe the LORD a lot. He has watched over me for 66 sometimes rough years. Thank you LORD. Please keep up the good work. I still need it! And so do a lot of others. I am so glad the law was passed to allow prayers in meetings. I hope this is a rejoining of putting the LORD back in our lives where HE belongs!

Randy "Hoss" Caldwell

No comments:

Post a Comment