Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Earthly ANGELS!

Yes I know Nurses are earthly ANGELS. That is why I married the best one. She has put up with me for over 42 years. She is very special to me, I guess you can tell. Seeing as this is National Nurses week, I thought I should write about these special people. I have awoken from a blackout several times, and the first thing I saw was a woman in white caring for me. That is the reason I wanted to be married to one. I knew how caring and helpful they were. I also wanted someone around who knew what to do in an emergency, as I tended to panic in certain situations. I wanted someone besides me who would not panic like I do! Also I liked the fact that she would know first aid, as I usually get hurt a lot ever since I was young.  When I was a kid; no wait, I still do that!  And I figured my offspring would be daredevils like me. Only one out of three is like me. The older boy has a lust for danger like me. His is not as reckless as mine was. Thank you LORD!

I know the nurses do not get the credit they should. Nurses do the hard work in the trenches and the Doctors get all the credit. I am glad nursing is getting paid closer to what they are worth now. It is still hard work, but the rewards are better now than when Mary started working as a registered nurse. The places that employ them are more grateful and most treat the nurses better now.

When the kids and  especially I needed care Mary knew what to do. She still keeps a tight rein on me. Sometimes it actually works and she pierces my thick scull to enlighten me to how I am hurting my chances of staying in the living years much longer. Then I am good for a while. At least till she leaves for work. I would not be here enlightening your reading pleasure if not for Mary keeping me on the straight(sometimes) and narrow. I tend to not have much self control, as you found out on my other pages. Like when I first encountered Mary in my friends kitchen at the party. Impulse has ruled my life as long as I can remember. I just acted without thinking. Getting me out of the way of a dangerous situation, it was good. In regular life situations sometimes not so good. But I have wondered through life in my own way, and got here to 66 years so it worked most of the time.

To all you Nurses out there, thank you for your dedication and love for human kind. Without you taking care of us, and saving our lives we would be in a lot of heartache. Mary does not read my blog so I am not sucking up to just her. She went through my life adventures so she does not need to jog her memory again. She likes to forget a lot of my adventures. They were hard enough to go thru the first time.  I want to thank the nurses every where, for I know I will need them again. God is not finished with me. I know every time I needed a nurse I learned a lot about life. The adventures I needed nurses to save me, made me more willing to help others like I have been helped. LORD I am more open to suggestion without pain now that I am older and a little wiser.LOL  I know nurses are your earthly angels LORD.  Thank you for these wonderful people to help us in time of need. I thank THE LORD daily for people to help other people, and for giving me Mary to keep me in line. I know that is her hardest job on this earth.

Earthly Angels Thank You! Happy nurses week, it should be all year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment