Saturday, May 10, 2014

Happy MOTHERS Day??

To all you hardworking Mothers out there, hope you enjoy the day devoted to all your hard work and sacrifice, you deserve so much more, as I wrote in the page before, I did not have a happy time with my mother. She was bullied all her life by her father and her two brothers, and in adult life by her sisters-in-law. She was blasted continually by taunts from her siblings.

It turned her into a troubled and frustrated adult. She would take it out on my Father and me. She left my two brothers alone, but I was too much like my Father so she took it out on us. I wonder now why she did not turn into a raving maniac, and me into a serial killer? It was the hand of GOD keeping us straight. That is why I hold HIM in such high regard!

It is 2:30 Sunday morning, Mothers Day. I woke up from my nap, of course on my la-z-boy to find Mary on her chair. She has taken her new arthritis medicine and it has made her so violently sick she has been throwing up a couple times over night. She asked me if I would go to the grocery store and get her some ginger ale to help her stomach settle. I said of course Snug. You know I would do anything for you.

When we first got married I braved a raging storm to get her some medicine because she was violently sick again. She was impressed I would go out in the storm for her. I said then, I love her and would do what ever she asked. The same thing, now over 42 years later. The love is stronger now than ever. She has done so much for me and the kids all these years. She deserves to feel better, not violently sick!

We are going to our daughter's this afternoon for supper. so Mary does not have to cook. My daughter's husband and his son helped me move Bruce's furniture to our basement for storage. We want to get him out of his house and into a smaller apartment. Help him cut down on his expenses. His Harley is in my garage. I keep his Harley a safe distance from my Kawasaki bagger, so there are no little Kawasaki-Davidsons born in the garage! LOL

I have adjusted from my mother's upbringing. I know that is why I want so much to help others. In her own way she helped everyone, in between fits of rage. Now that I am older and wiser (ho ho) I see life differently than when it was happening. With age comes some wisdom, and tolerance. I have learned, Having a sharp tongue may cut your own throat. Don't get me wrong, there were good times for me and my Mom. When they did not push the wrong buttons in Mom's psyche she was good to me. She just let off, when it was too much for her mind to fathom.

So to all you Moms out there, I say thank you for bringing us up. Its amazing some of us kids survived. Moms have troubled lives too. A friend told me at his Mom's funeral that he and his two sisters were brought up with whenever his mother was stressed out, she would threaten to kill herself if they did not behave. I guess every kid has his or her own story of a weird childhood. We just survive as best we can.

I hope we did a good job with our kids. They all have turned out as responsible adults. Kids are tougher than you can imagine. THE LORD helps us through a lot. Keep up the GREAT work GOD, we really need YOU in our lives. THANK you for giving us GREAT MOTHERS. GOD cannot be everywhere, that is why HE invented MOTHERS!! Saw that in front of a church when I went to Tim's house to feed the cat while they were on vacation for a few days. 

Mary took a shot of ginger ale and went to bed. I hope that settles her stomach.  It is hard enough for her to sleep when she has off work third shift. LORD help her through these rough times with all her aches and pains from a hard working life as a nurse, taking care of people in their old age. Now she is taking care of us in the later years.

Remember when you are in trouble or in pain, GOD is just a prayer away! It is comforting to me, I hope it is for you too. Return and read my blog for a look at life in the feeble aging mind. You need a good laugh, and I hope see some way to help you get thru this hilarious puzzle we call life. LOL Thank you. Randy "HOSS" Caldwell

No comments:

Post a Comment