Monday, December 30, 2013

Coolest Small Town in America

I live about six miles from Lititz, voted the coolest small town in america. It is a great small town. Just like Manheim, where I live. Small towns are nice because you have what you need to live comfortably, but not all the people of the big towns. We live about four miles out of Manheim, far enough away, but not so far when the kids were growing up and in sports that we had to drive so far to drop them off. I have my primary insurance of Geisinger Gold. Got a call from them this summer for a check-up from a nurse practitioner to see if I was getting all my benefits and how I was doing. She told me they have a plan called Silver Sneakers that I could join the Lititz Rec Assoc. at no cost to me. I figured it was worth it since I was changing my life. My hair was not silver, just skin colored, but they let me in anyway!

My initial visit was with Karen. She evaluated my workout routine, which was non existent for as long as I can recount. She started me out easy to work me into the workout plan. I felt good starting. Besides I did not want to show Karen how much I hurt. You know it is a macho thing! She stayed with me for two weeks till I knew how to work out without doing any further damage. Besides she knew I would finish my reps while she was watching!  Into the third week she was off one day I went in and Sue took over as my observer. She helped me to keep going too. She was young and in shape too, so I had to try hard so she too would not see how out of shape I was. Like she could not see that either. LOL

I work out Monday, Wednesday and Friday. You know the three days ending in day. LOL  Christmas week I did not workout, and the week before that I was only there Monday. Today when I tried to catch up for my missed days, I really felt the time I missed out. I had to rest in between machines, and could not do as many reps as I had when I was going every other day. I will try harder to not miss any time, as it hurts too much to play catch up. I gave Karen my blog site and said I was going to write about my experience there. She said will it be good or bad. I thought it is always good when young fit looking women tell me what to do. I view all women as being young and fit. Just because a lady is older and not as shapely as when she was young, I believe she is a great example of the feminine mystique. You know I have this thing about women ordering me around! Sorry Rob. Karen don't read the part about me missing my workout days!

I feel better now that I have done my share of shaping up today. I might stumble, But you know I will not give up ever again. My life is renewed and I will not fall into the horrible pit of despair ever again. With the strong women I associate myself with now, and even Rob to help me out and keep me on the straight and narrow I will survive! Even surpass what I have done earlier in my life. You need to find friends like mine and work and strive to better your life. I did and it feels super great.

My wife Mary is going to see if we can afford her joining till she gets Geisinger Gold insurance when she retires next year. If she is going with me, I will not miss any days. She will see to it. I know you ladies get a kick out of Mary keeping me straight. We men need strong women guiding us, we don't know enough to survive without strong women at our side showing us the way! Thank you Lord for giving me enough brains to get hooked up with a wise woman all these years. She has done a great job of keeping me in line, and alive. Now she has some help to keep me going in the right direction. Like Karen said to me at the gym today."You're funny." Kidding around is my way of keeping sane in this crazy world! So far I think it has helped.What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment