Monday, December 23, 2013

Holidays: Aren't They Great?

Well the holidays are fast approaching. Where does the time go? Since I am home on Social Security disability the last five years, I lose track of time. It just seems to rush together. I remember my dad told me the older you get, the faster time flies. He was right.

I can't believe he has been gone thirty years already. His dad was killed when he was eighteen. I lost my dad when I was thirty-five. It does not seem  fair some people don't get as much of the living years as others. We can't gauge how long we will live. Therefore we should make as much of the living years as we can.

It took me a long time to develop my philosophy of life. Thank you whoever it is that developed spell checker. I can write with a better vocabulary and make it look like I know what I am doing. Also thank you Marcy for correcting my mistakes and teaching me to at least look refined. LOL

I'm cleaning the downstairs bathroom for the flood of family returning home for Christmas Day. My kids, their life partners. I like to call them that, you can get divorced, but a life partner is forever. At least that is the way I see it.

I said before, my wife and I are really proud of how our kids turned out. We love their life partners like they are our own. The grandkids are precious. But sometimes we are relieved when they go home! LOL We will even have the three granddogs over Wednesday with our two cats. It will be a house full of love and noise!

Whenever the time gets close for someone to arrive, I still get anxious and watch out the window like a little kid. When you read all about my actions, just don't tell anyone I am just a big softy! My wife has a magnet on the refrigerator that says, " If mom says no, dial 1-800-grandma". They all know I am a pushover, too.

Love your kids and grandkids, for you don't know how long you will be with them. I've said for a long time I don't want to be lying somewhere hurt and dying and wish I had told my family I love them more. When my father had stroke number eight that took his life, just a week before I hugged him and told him I loved him. I was so glad that he knew it, because I could not talk to him when I got to the hospital. His being was already gone. That is the harsh reality of life. You can never guess when it will be over.

Well thank you for letting me ramble on again. I feel better getting it out, I hope you feel better hearing about my adventures in the living years and how my view of life has changed. We all can change for the better. I know I have, and I know you can too!

Randy Caldwell

No comments:

Post a Comment