Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Got Ahead of Mother This Time!

Got the three neighbors, my suicide driveway and the circle clear in about two hours this afternoon. Had to take longer because I could not turn the chute to blow snow sideways, since I could not turn the aiming device. It was bound up and worm gear pulled away from notches to drive it around in ring. I called Carl next door and asked for his help in figuring out what was the matter, after he got home.

Since Carl fixes this type of equipment every day, I figured he would know what to do right away. Well he came right over and had it operating in about 20 minutes. He put more pressure on the bracket that holds the worm gear against the part that turns, and squirted lubricant on the base of the pivot so rust does not bind the swivel. He said it was just him and the dog home tonight, his wife and granddaughter were away so he figured this was time to check it out.

He thanked me for doing his driveway and walk. I said it was no problem because he did mine when I had the two operations on my shoulder. This neighborhood helps each other. I will be sad to see him leave, but I understand he has trouble with the steps of their bi-level. I said that was why we built a cape cod because I knew when I get older I did not want to do the steps. When I can't climb suicide drive any more, I can at least drive up  and down. He laughed and says, "Well, I didn't think that far ahead".

Good friends make for a better world, don't they? And I have a lot of good friends made in my 65 years of a good life. I have had quite a few good friends for over 50 years. I guess I make good friends because basically I think most people are good inside. There some who are rotten, it is a shame life makes them that way. And then there are some people who are rotten all their life. We read about them when they make the news, because we can't believe what they do.

Thank you Lord for giving us good friends. Help the bad ones, that hurt people. And let us understand the bad ones, so we can help them adjust to be good. Thank you for watching over me and mine! Thank you  for giving me this raving place to get my beliefs out. I hope some people are better off in life for knowing me. Thank you for my team and the Lady who is inspiring me to write everything down.

We all need to be needed. I have been especially blessed in my life, because I need to be needed a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment