Monday, December 16, 2013

Yes It's Me Raving Again!

It's about 28 degrees this morning. I went to the hardware store to get some more sand for my suicide driveway! It is ice and snow free at the time of this writing. Snowblower chute is stuck, so I must tear it apart to see why it does not turn. Must get it running again. No snow expected for several days, but cannot count on weatherman. My wife cannot go in and out of garage if icy and as she is a charge nurse, she is like the mail people.Must go. My angel has taken care of me over the years. THANK YOU LORD! My motorcycle is snug and chilly in garage on the battery maintainer waiting for warm weather. Much like me.

The first year out of high school all I had was the motorcycle. Because of two car accidents I had, insurance was too expensive so I rode the cycle all winter. When I was dating my wife I had a car a few years later. The first Christmas we dated she came from Reading, about an hour away and slept in my brother's room at home. I lived in my parent's basement. On New Years we were triple dating and saw a movie. That night it snowed about six inches and when I woke up about 7:00  in the morning, I saw the snow piled up and got my cycle out for a ride before Mary got up. Like I said before I usually acted with no thought to the outcome.

I made a few runs around the Loop Route again, saw a friend walking and gave him a ride. Going around a sharp curve in town I could not hold up the cycle with him on and we went down, sliding on the snow. Not hurt, we got up and rode off. I was gone about four hours. I'm sure Mary thought I was nuts, but my parents were used to the calls that I was hurt, and would come and get me. I loved her the first time we dated and wanted to get married. I guess I went too quick for her and scared her off. Luckily when she came back a year later I was just a little less pushy about hitching up. I waited three more months till I talked about marriage. It worked, this time she was ready, and the adventures began.

But that is another story. I hope my ravings give you a positive outlook in your life. If a dumb klutz  like me can blunder through life and come out of it most of the time, I know all of you can too! Just do like I do, pray every day for guidance and protection for the ones we love. It has kept me safe for 65 years, I am not about to change now. It works for me. Although I am changing my reckless way of doing things. My luck can't last forever. Or with His help, maybe it can. I just don't want to push it too far.

Thank you for reading about my trials and how I am trying to better my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment