Tuesday, December 24, 2013

This Christmas Day Is Almost Here!!

My youngest son Jeff and his life partner Heather dropped in last night about twelve o'clock from North Carolina. Of course with grand puppy, Junebug. Named after her grandmother June. Mary worked last night. So she slept from 6:30 this morning til 11:00. Jeff and Heather slept till 12:00. Driving eleven hours wears you out.

Mary and I made a breakfast of bacon, eggs and fried potatoes to feed them. Over the Christmas cookies Mary had hidden so I would not polish off too many, we talked for hours. Jeff let us know he is trying to go to seminary here in Lancaster for his three year classes to get his Master of Divinity. Mary said I guess our trip to California to watch him graduate is off now. I said we can still go it we want. Hopefully I will have enough years left to travel and see the States.

Friday after Christmas we are having Heather's parents over to get acquainted. I met her dad at the Manheim car show in town a few months ago. Jeff told me about his car he shows, so I looked for it. I introduced myself and said, "I'm Jeff's dad, and we're just about related". He laughed and said, "You're right". I told you I like to talk to people.

Tomorrow is Christmas. The little big wheel of my three year old grandson is sitting in the living room. Mary says she just needs to figure how to wrap it. I am glad we can afford to give our family nice presents. Mary works very hard, like I used to. When she retires in a year I hope to have my business built up enough to supplement our reduced income. That is one of the big reasons I started my home business.

My wife works tonight. When our kids were little, the older nurses worked Christmas Eve and morning so the nurses with young kids could be home to get ready for Santa, and watch the youngsters open their presents. Now that my wife and I have no little kids, my wife is the one working to let the nurses with young kids off. We have come full circle!

Yes the little wheel is wrapped, It looks funny with the little flag sticking out from the wrapping. Mary has done the impossible again. Wrapped a little big wheel. Kyler will enjoy ripping it open I am sure. Aren't mothers and grandmothers wonderful. I know for a fact they are!

Yes we had the perfect Christmas Eve snow. It only laid on the grass. The driveways and street are bare. Thank you Mother Nature for sparing us the hassle, but giving us the right ambiance. Sometimes things work out perfectly for us! Sometimes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment