Thursday, December 12, 2013

Like Popeye, Why I Am Who I Am!

I am a very complicated individual. I didn't plan to be, my up bringing and events made me that way. I inherited a lot of baggage from my ancestors. My dad's line was from Scotland and Ireland. My mom's line is Pennsylvania Dutch and German. Alcohol and nicotine play a big part in both families. I am bi-polar, I found it on the Internet, when I was looking up hearses as I am fascinated by death cars and took a survey to make sure I was not thinking too much about death.

I went to a Doctor and she said yes I am manic depressive. I fought with medicine about six months till they found the right mixture to control me. If you have mental problems get checked out. I am on the smallest amount of drugs for my condition, but it has changed my life. My mind goes a mile a minute when I am manic, I think out of the box, Rob says, but that is good as he likes a lot of my ideas.

My mom was bullied by her dad and two younger brothers. She told me how she was made fun of for her red hair. When she had my older brother, her dad said he is not a grandfather till his sons have kids.

I remember the turning point in my life, when I was strong enough to hold my mothers hand so she could not hit me any more. I started to stick up for myself. In school I was bullied by older boys. They would hit you on the shoulder hard to see if you take it. I showed no emotion when hit and after a couple years I was accepted and the hitting stopped.

My wife and I installed the work ethic in all three of our kids, and It stuck. My Daughter has three wonderful kids and is a stay at home mom, probably continue her healthcare career when three year old son is in school. Oldest boy is head of Autism at hospital here, and he has bi-polar too. He controls his without medicine, he is president of local mental health association too. Youngest boy is studying to be a minister. All three have great life partners to help them through life.

I have arthritis bad since I was seven or eight years old. I also have issues with obsessive, excessive problems. Have not seen doctor for this yet. People on my team saw that when I started e-mailing my business. I was on the computer about eighteen hours a day. I don't do anything half way. They kept at me to slow down and I finally gave in. I never give up, but I am learning when to run so I can fight another day.

I want to thank Donna, Rob, and the super six team. Also my new friend Marcy. They are helping mold me into a better person and great business person. I feel better in telling you this, as I know it will help someone who went through what I did. These newer friends are what we all need. Someone that is distant from us and can offer constructive criticism. Tell us what we need to know.

If you need help for some problem, reach out and get it. It will change your life for the better, IT is doing that for me.

Check back, as I will try to write a lot more. Sometimes I am down, but far from out. Never give up, but learn when to run so you can fight another day. GOD bless and have a great day. When people ask me how I am doing, I always say GREAT, as when your mind hears great it tries to make you feel great, not bad. Your mind needs built up and you will feel great.

Thank you for letting me rant, I feel better….Randy


Yes, from my last blog, I was down on the floor, but far from out. And I finally learned to listen to my wife. She loves me and is looking out for my best interests even if I do not. Sometimes It takes a while, but the mind learns to change for the better.

1 comment:

  1. Randal, i really like this it touched my heart because i see my family in your life. I t true we all need to understand who we are by where we came from so we can understand where we are today. Keep on remembering who you are.

    Richard
    Check this link out at your time:http://vur.me/rich666/V

    ReplyDelete