Thursday, February 27, 2014

0 degrees,where is global warming!

I took Mary to work again, no snow forecast, but it is suppose to be 0 degree in the morning. I did not want her to get in a van that is 0 degrees inside. Besides I can clean the windows of the other girls that work with Mary. I like to help them out too. When it is that cold, it is hard on the engine till it gets warmed up. And you have no heat till you drive a good distance. It is almost 3/4 of the way home till you get heat for us. Mary does a lot for me, so this is one small thing I can do for her. Besides helping others out gives me a good feeling, like I can still help people. I am not as worthless as I feel sometimes. Being old and handicapped makes me feel like I am past my prime. I guess I really am past my prime, but I still have something to offer. We never run short of the feeling of being needed. It is a prime directive of feeling you are worth something yet. When I clean the driveway so we can get in and out of the garage it makes me feel I can still provide a service. I like to help the neighbors too. I am not worthless, I can do it!

A lot of people who are retired and handicapped like myself just give up and don't try anymore. I will never give up till my body refuses to move anymore. I will go to the gym again tomorrow. I go Monday,Wednesday and Fridays. I work out for about half an hour each day. Lately cleaning up so much snow gives me additional workouts. I will not go back to the habit of just sitting around like when I was first forced into early retirement. I just felt sorry for my self and did not care about keeping myself moving to keep my body in shape. I just gave up trying. I know now that was bad for my heart and brain. Writing this blog has helped my body and mind. I am using my mind to further my businesses and I will keep doing it as long as my body and mind let me continue. I am 65 years young and have a long life ahead of me. I have a lot to learn yet. I feel better now than I have in years. Keeping the mind and body busy in old age is important. Mary and I have a lot to do in the garden and yard over summer. When Mary retires next year we have a lot of places to go and see the states. Lots of things to do.

Retirement can be a great adventure if you can get out and do things. We plan on being busy and enjoy our golden years. They may not be so golden, but you can make the most of them if you try. All the pills I take, and the pain killers help me to stay active. My brain is doing better since I exercise it doing my business and writing this blog. Both body and brain need exercise every day to keep in shape. My shoulder that was replaced does not hurt as much since I work out three days a week. The Doctor told me the shoulder muscle was injured in my motorcycle accident. Using it helps keep it limber and not hurt so much. I have cut down on pain killers from every day to missing 2 or 3 days at a time. I think young too, and it helps me so I don't hurt so much. I know what the subconscious mind believes helps your outlook on life. When someone asks how are you, I say great so my mind hears and adopts how I feel. It seems to work for me, you should try it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment