Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Like it never happened!

I am alone again, Mary is taking a cat nap. It is tuesday night, about 7:30 pm and all is well. At least that is how it feels. I put the tractor battery on the charger so it is up for tomorrow for me to do battle with Mother again. The weather people are saying just a light dusting of snow tomorrow morning. But after so much snow and ice already, I am getting ready for anything. The mimi van has salt stains on it again from the last three days. I had it washed clean, but with so much melting snow puddles on the road it does not stay clean for long. The governor has sent trucks to the docks to pick up more salt for the roads. They are expecting a lot more snow and ice too. I have about 25 pounds of calcium melting pellets left, with no more at the store till who knows when. I have about 50 pounds of sand to hold me over and can get more if I need it. The sand works good for traction, and will get me through till I can get more melting pellets. Right now my drive and sidewalk is clean, like the snow never happened. Just a lot of brown sand over everything.

This feels like the lull before the storm. I am thinking about going to the shore this summer with Laura and Rich and the grandchildren and the grand dog. We will be sweating on the beach, and going to the boardwalk. I know it will get nice again, but I am down right now because of being inside all the time. I have a string of christmas lights over the arch between the living room and kitchen. They are LED's so they take very little power. I read somewhere over winter when you are depressed from being inside in bad weather bright colors chase away the blues. It has helped me cope with being inside. I keep them up all year, because over summer when It is really hot we stay in too.

No comments:

Post a Comment