Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sick as a dog!

Yes the last two weeks I have not done much on my blog site or my businesses. Why is the saying sick as a dog. Do they get sick more than humans?  I have a virus, so a trip to the Doctor will not help. I must stick it out while my body fights this sickness. I take a lot of generic nyquil and sleep a lot.  I will fight this, I beat it before. I have a dry mouth from all the anti-histamine I am taking. I am not my usual self, no smart remarks come to mind. It is Sunday and we expect another snow storm. No matter how I feel if it snows I will take Mary to work. I will also scrape the windshields of the nurses in the parking lot of the home while I am waiting to pick Mary up!

I must help others. It was instilled in me by my parents. I am sleeping in front of the television a lot. I cannot sleep in my bed yet as it causes pain in my shoulder that was replaced. The muscle was injured in my motorcycle accident. It is one more thing I have learned to live with! My arthritis I have struggled with  since I was about 7 or 8 is not troubling me as much at this time. The other hurts come and go. I have learned to ignore them as best I can. You young people will learn when you are older. Your injuries never leave you, they just accumulate.

I am not writing this to get pity from you. I want to let you know how I cope with life's ups and downs. I and Mary are fighters. We don't wait for life to give us anything because it usually does not. You have to grab what you want out of life. Not cry because you do not get it! Work for it. Ralph Waldo Emerson said. "Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen." I believe that with all my being! Mary and I have had a good life, because we make it happen with the Lords help. I talk to God every day, yes I got over my Dad's death. It was not the Lords fault he died. I realize that now!

It is almost 5:00 0'clock Sunday afternoon and everything is white again. I will clean suicide driveway and take Mary to work. Since I can't do anything about the weather, I can still complain about it! Since I missed 5 days going to the gym, shoveling is good exercise. Mary is soaking her feet, her heel is acting up again. It hurts her to walk, but she will not miss work! I am going to the foot Doctor for my four month visit in two days. Mary said she will go along and get her special shoes to stop her heel from hurting when she walks. Like Mic Jagger says,"Its a drag getting old." But it beats the alternative. I am feeling better right now. Hope this virus works itself out of my system soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment