Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Please Mother give us a break!

In  24 hours we are suppose to get snow again. Please Mother, enough with the cold, snow and ice. We get the message. You are mad about how we are treating your earth. They tell us we might get more than twelve inches. We already have more snow than all last year. So many people in York have no power for almost a week now. They will have a hard time when this new snow hits us. I am ready with the tractor with snowblower, the sand for traction and the calcium melting pellets. Mary works thursday night when the worst of the blizzard is suppose to be over. Hopefully the roads are plowed when I take her to work at nine at night. Suppose to have 25 mph winds. It will be interesting driving. This reminds me of the snowstorms when I was a kid. Yes they had cars back then. The 1950's.    When I was a kid:: no wait I still do that.  

Pray for the east coast, that we get no deaths from this storm. I will fight Mother till my dying breath. Most of the people affected by the storm feel like I do!  I just hope it does not come to that. Somehow we will survive. Thursday morning I must take Mary to therapy for her sore heel. I figure we will have  at least 6 inches of snow by then, 9:30 in the morning. We will make it if they are open. My astro van has all wheel drive and is great in the snow. I will let you know how it is going if we don't lose our electric. We did not in the ice storm so I hope we will be O.K. I have a propane torpedo heater and I have a converter to plug in my spare battery in the garage and it is charger up. So I can at least heat the house. And my coal stove in the basement I haven't used in about ten years I can fire up.

We will survive this fight with Mother! I am too stubborn to give in. And Mary has to get to work to take care of the old people. We will survive like the song says.

Give us your best Mother, we are ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment