Thursday, February 20, 2014

It cannot be done!!

The people who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it! This is my philosophy in life. Thank you spellchecker so I can use these big words. LOL I have tried a lot of big things in my life that were new to me. I have succeed at most of them. Some things I have tried I needed to ask for help to figure them out. Mary is the same way. Together we have done some amazing things. Like building the kids playhouse and remodeling the Florida room we made out of the back porch. At our other house we ripped ceilings out and put new ceilings in, and removed walls to make more room. In our first home, a single trailer, we built a porch roof. We even built skirting for the bottom of the trailer. In our second house we built a 10 by 12 shed with a playhouse on top. And a 15 by 25 foot back porch.

You do not know what you can do till you try. I thought I was not smart enough to pick up this computer stuff. But thanks to a lot of smart people who work with me, I am slowly being dragged into the twenty first century. I did not want to cancel the land line phone, but since we have I do not miss it. I did not want to finish the back porch, but we handled it easily, even putting linoleum on the concrete floor. We built two raised beds for planting gardens. With Mary leading, and myself following we have accomplished a lot in the 42 years we have been together.


Since Mary has forced me to quit diet soft drinks I am losing weight, and feel so much better. Except for two falls in suicide driveway I am not taking chances like when I was young. I have had a good life, but I am not ready to give up the living years yet. Lord willing I will be around for quite a while! I have a bumper sticker that says, Make the undertaker mad, don't die! I cleaned it up, but you get the idea.

To fund our retirement I have started businesses to make extra money. Remember Colonel Saunders did not start Kentucky Fried Chicken till he retired and did not get enough money for a good retirement. He was stubborn when people told him he could not make it in the business world. He just kept plugging away till he had his empire built. And thats what we in our businesses are doing. We are too bullheaded to quit till we make it. You just need to stick to it, and keep plugging away till you make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment