Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Knowledge allows you to make more money in life.

Knowledge is a wonderful thing when you use it right. I have attended a lot of night school over the years. I have told you about my learning problems before. I cannot learn the way school was taught when I went to school. I graduated in 1966. I was pretty down at the bottom of the class. They told me I was not trying to learn. I needed help to concentrate and was not given any. Now days the schools must do what ever is necessary for students to comprehend the lessons in class. When I went to school, students like me fell thru the cracks.

I have excelled in my learning over the years as I taught myself to adapt so I can learn what I need to. Our daughter in elementary school had similar learning difficulty, and the principal drug his feet so they did not have to spend the money to test her. We paid to have her tested and found out what she needed. The principal called Mary and balled her out for testing Laura, because now they had to provide what she needed. I was having a meeting with the shrink who was having Laura tested and told her about the principal calling Mary and mouthing off because we paid to have her tested because the principal put off the testing till the end of the year to delay the findings. I told the shrink if I knew where the principal lived I would go to his house and tell him off. I really wanted to punch him in the nose. The shrink said you will not see him, she would take care of it. I went home and told Mary what the shrink said. We thought that was the end of it. Later that evening the principal called and apologized to Mary. It seems the shrink was on the board that approves money to the schools and had a say over the principal. That was my Ah Ha moment in learning the ropes to take care of people who think they are better than us. Sometimes the right word from the right person is better than a sock in the nose!

I have calmed down over the years and learned to handle my temper. Yes sometimes violence is not as satisfying as well placed help from the right person. I am not going to let anyone push me or my family around, but there is always a better way to handle a situation! I am learning, old dog learns pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment