Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Where have all the snowflakes gone?

Well it did not snow today after all. Thank goodness! Now they are saying it will snow tomorrow. Mary has to go to the foot Doctor tomorrow, so I hope it does not snow too much. I will put the battery charger on the tractor tonight  just to be sure it is charged up and ready to go. I check the oil and fill the gas tank for the expected battle tomorrow. Since you have now seen the suicide driveway you have an idea of my battles with Mother. I will be careful and wear my snow and ice spikes when I do battle every day. Any little signs of ice and I put the spikes on my shoes. I have been bitten twice by ice on the driveway and do not want to take another fall. Mary has off tonight and tomorrow night so I will not have to do the driveway till after the sun comes up both days. That way if I do run into problems at least I do battle in the sunlight! I will do the neighbors driveways and the circle. You know me, good neighbor Sam!

I like the driveway going down to the circle. I have seen a lot of driveways that go down to the garage door, that if you can't stop because of ice you crash into the door. I have an eight foot door, because when we built the house I had a service truck for my electrical business that was higher than six foot, the regular size door. I changed a lot of the specs when we built so we have a lot of different things from the stock house. Extra insulation  and many conveniences that other houses do not have. I wired this house, and installed a lot of different things. We also built a cape cod because I wanted my bedroom on the first floor. With my knees I figured I would have trouble with steps in my old age. And I do! I have a wood and coal stove tied into the ductwork and it saved a lot of money over the years. I have not used the stove for about ten years and now that we installed a ground source heating system I do not need the stove as are bills are a lot less. Running to the basement to load and stoke the stove is a young man's job.

Well I must get Mary to load some pictures I took to put on my blog. Marcy is helping me with putting the pictures on my blog. I am not smart enough to do it yet. I will be in the future. If you would have told me three years ago I would be doing this on the computer I would have said NOT ME! But this old dog must learn new tricks. And I will learn new tricks even if I think it will kill me! So far it has not killed me, just made me feel like I can learn anything I put my feeble mind to. And you can too.

No comments:

Post a Comment