Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Come On, Spring!

Picked Mary up this morning, and cleaned off the cars of the workers from night shift. I like to help when I can. I am still down because of this cold I have picked up again. It is four days since I fell in the driveway and I am starting to walk without much pain. I am tired from lying on the heating pad, but it has helped my back a lot.

Blew the snow from the suicide driveway, three neighbors' driveways and the circle. Tried to shovel my walk and stoop, but the ice underneath needed sand and ice melter. Got to be careful with ice melter as no more at stores, they are sold out. Supposed to get freezing rain tomorrow morning from 4:00 o'clock till 10:00 o'clock. Will take Mary to work again if she wants.

Today when shoveling walk I was pushing snow, hit a blob of ice and my shovel split the plastic blade and fractured it. Glad I have two more, as no more shovels at store. Please slow down ice and snow, give us a break! Whatever we did to you Mother, we are sorry. (Like that will help!)

We are at least getting some warm melting sun everyday. Just at night it returns to freezing and creating problems. We had a few easy winters and now is the payback. Other places are getting it worse. Please help us all Lord, so we do not get so many deaths in these storms. I know I am tired from the constant shoveling,. Those in worse condition need help to stay alive. When I shovel the walk, I rest in between when I feel tired. We must save energy to fight Mother another day.

I am glad I do not have to drive for work anymore. The six miles Mary drives to and from work are O.K. as she does not have to go too far. Those six miles are dangerous enough! Everything we do we are taking a chance to leave the living years. Life is precious, and can be taken away at any time! Please be careful, there are enough ways to die. Don't take unnecessary chances. God is watching over us, but your life is your own decision. Use it wisely! I know I realize how stupid I was, but now that I am older and wiser, maybe older but not much wiser, I cherish my living years more than ever.

Well enough of my soap box dialog. Love your friends and family. Ask for help in your down moments. Help those who need help. And live every day like it is your last! You never know when it will be!

Thank you Lord for every day I am still in my living years.

No comments:

Post a Comment