Monday, February 3, 2014

Mother is upset again!

We have five inches of snow on the ground now! And it is suppose to snow over three hours yet. Than it is suppose to snow two other days this week. It would not be so bad, but Mary works at night. Her driving at night I get worried about. She is a good snow driver, but she has to put up with idiots on the road too. The snow is suppose to quit about three in the afternoon, so I have enough time to clean the driveway and circle as long as the roads are plowed she should be O.K. I just am getting tired of her being put in a dangerous position driving. I take her and pick her up when it is really bad. But she does not want to run me out too much in this weather. If she would go and come home when it was daytime I would not worry so much. As long as she has her cell phone and let me know she got there safe I am O.K. with her travel.

I will fight Mother Nature till I can't anymore. I will not let anything beat me as long as I am able to do the job of digging out! I have the tractor snowblower ready to fight. And I shovel the walk and stoop. It is only about twenty feet I have to shovel manually. I take my time and rest so I don't throw my back out like when I was young. Having to go to work at 9:30 at night and come home at 5:30 in the dark is gruesome. That is why I worry about her. Our older boy's birthday was yesterday,groundhog day, so we were going to meet him for lunch today. We must make it tomorrow. No use of us taking the chance today. See I am not as reckless as I was when I was young. The first time Mary stayed at my parents house when we first dated was new years and it snowed six inches. I was out on the motorcycle four hours in the snow. I guess Mary thought I was nuts, going out from eight o'clock till twelve o'clock  in the morning

The neighbor that I opened his driveway three times son was home today. He opened his space. When the township plowed the circle they pushed the snow in the way of mine and my neighbors driveway, and the kid only blew his up to the edge of his property. Left ours blocked. Luckily I can do it with my tractor. Nice to know I will get no help from them. Some people are real jerks!

It is two o'clock in the afternoon. Snow is suppose to stop soon. I am getting ready for my fight with Mother. I will not back down. I will clear the circle and my neighbors driveway. Old dog will do what I have to. I will keep going. I feel good when I am done. I can still do my job. Just a little slower.

No comments:

Post a Comment