Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Fighting Mother again!

It is tuesday night. We met our older boy Tim for his birthday lunch at a Chinese restaurant at 12:00 o'clock today. We buy all the kids and their families a birthday meal. Tim's wife Sarah could not get off work to join us. We stopped at Weis market on the way home for bread and milk. Yes we panic when it snows too! It is suppose to start snowing about 10:00 o'clock tonight. I will have Mary at work by 9:15. It is suppose to snow four to eight inches. News said the plow crews will leave a couple inches of snow on the roads so the half inch of ice coming at the end will not stick to the road. It should be less hazardous that way. Wish we did not have to venture out, but nurses must take care of the sick and the old people like Mary does. She is third shift supervisor at the home. I will battle Mother Nature getting Mary home in the morning. Then battle again to get the suicide driveway and the circle clean. At least I can wait till daylight to blow the snow.

Mary and I are the kind of people who take work seriously! We do what we have to. That is why I am taking Mary to work. A couple years ago I was bringing Mary home from work, and the usual 10 minute ride took over an hour. We got stuck. Luckily a farmer came past on a big tractor and pulled us out. I put my tow chain in the back of the van, he had no chain. We had no cash to give him something so I gave him my chain. Wish I had it yet.

I will get Mary in the morning no matter how bad the weather is. Just hope her replacement makes it to work in the morning. I will give you the rundown how I do in the morning.

Well it was a coating of over four inches of slush on the ground at five o'clock in the morning. Mary called and said no one called off, so she should get off at 5:30, I can pick her up. I scraped a path down suicide driveway and left to rescue my fair maiden. With my ice spikes on. I drove about 20 or 30 mph so I did not slide too much. There was pools of water on the road. But the driving was not too bad. When I got to the home I started scraping the windows of cars so the other night shift girls could leave without scraping their windows. You know me, always trying to help. The night shift male nurse came out, and scraped some windows too. As I was scraping the last car Mary came out with one of her nurses and said she was coming home with us. She lives far away and did not feel like driving that far in the bad weather. She is upstairs sleeping now, after she and I talked for about an hour. Allie slept a little, and I took her back to her car at the home at 11:00 o'clock. She has about an hour drive in this weather so it is good she rested up.

I will take Mary to work tonight again because when the sun goes down everything will freeze again. The white knight in rusty armor strikes again! I will continue fighting Mother Nature. You know me, never give up till they put me in the oven and turn me to ashes and Mary gives some to Bob to spread in The Bermuda Triangle!  LOL  True!

No comments:

Post a Comment