Thursday, February 13, 2014

Mother hit us again! 1-2 punch!

Yes Mother dumped twelve and a half inches of snow on us. With winds over 25 mph. It is blowing so hard against my garage door it is blowing the door in so that I can see daylight coming in on top and sides. Have not seen that in the thirty one years we live here. Neighbors got together and helped everyone shovel out. I went out about twelve thirty and started snow blowing. One swipe down my driveway and my tractor quit. The neighbor boy I helped and he did not help us before blew the snow from my driveway and circle. The township arrived soon after I was stalled and plowed good this time. Every one helped do Carl's driveway since he was still recovering from his bad spine operation. They are selling their home because Carl can't do the steps anymore. Hate to see them go.

Got my tractor running and pulled back in garage. Tried to take spark plug out, did not have right socket and called Carl to see if he had one. He came over and pulled plug. Said it looked O.K. and adjusted carburetor. He works on lawn equipment so he knew what he was doing. He said the 10% alcohol in gas today is hard on small engines. That is the trouble. I put some injector cleaner in gas, hope that helps. It is running now. I am ready for Mothers second punch later tonight. It is raining since about 4:00 o'clock so now that is dark again everything will freeze. It will be bad taking Mary to work at 9:00 o'clock tonight. But more fun when I pick her up at 6:00 o'clock tomorrow morning. I will just take it slow and we will make it.

News said watch for puddles on road, when sun goes down they will freeze. I know only too well from my experience on my driveway two years ago with black ice. Mother got me that time good, I will not give Her another change. I wear my ice spikes when I suspect slippery areas. I got gas in my Astro van last night about 7:30 and slipped on ice at the pump, but I did not fall. He was looking over me again. Thank you Lord! Some of the people who had no power for over a week were restored, and then shut down from this latest storm. Got to be tiring to be without power again! Luckily we did not have a problem. Pray for all the people out in this weather doing their job to keep us warm and safe. I worked outside repairing equipment so I know what it is like. Yes I worked in bucket trucks too. I know what it is like in the wind and bad weather.

Will RAVE more when I have Mary safe at home in the morning. Marcy thank you for giving me this blog to vent my pent up emotions. I feel better when I get my thoughts down on paper. Because I can complain to my blog, I will not become a crazy old fart. At least not as soon! LOL


Well Mother is throwing her second punch. It is 8:00 o'clock thursday night and it started snowing again. They expect 4 inches this time. With all the rain on the road freezing now it will be fun. I am taking Mary to work soon. I will write again in the morning. Go ahead Mother, keep piling it on, we will fight what ever you throw at us.

No comments:

Post a Comment