Tuesday, February 11, 2014

When I was young!! So long ago!!

When I just graduated from high school I said I have my whole life in front of me, what should I do now. I never realized I would get old. I remember riding cycle. I stopped in a line of bikes in town one evening. Whet I hit my rear brake my tire was on a smashed flat coke can and my bike spun around and went into the parking space like I tried to do it. My heart was racing a mile a minute. I just smiled like I planned to do that trick. Everybody was exited at my new trick. I was just glad I did not dump the bike. He protected me again! You do not realize the many times the Lord protects you from your dumb actions. He has kept me alive all these years. I guess he has some more  plans for me yet.

These years I have stumbled across the world on my feet, most of the time I have been lucky! I have a good partner in life, three wonderful children and their three good life partners for them. Life has smiled on me most of my life. I am 65 years young, a little handicapped, but not worse for the wear I have brought on myself. I can still handle the yard chores and dig us out of the snow and ice. After 42 years of knowing each other Mary and I still get along most of the time. We know when the going gets rough, we have each other to lean on. I chose wisely when I partnered up with Mary. I knew the first time I embraced her  we would spend our lives together. Even though it took her another year to find out herself!

Well we are getting ready  for another snowstorm. They say between 2 and 14 plus inches. Boy talk about covering your rear!  We just got back from the foot Doctor. I had my quarterly trim and checkup and Mary ordered her special shoes. Her heel is acting up again! It was three degrees this morning. Suppose to be minus two tomorrow morning. Will make the blowing and plowing easier with the cold, but not easy being out in it! I will fight Mother, and clear suicide driveway, circle and my two neighbors driveways. If need be, I will clear out to the main road so I can take Mary to work thursday night. We do what we have to.

Every two weeks we go to wall mart for about a third of our groceries. We were going to go thursday but since the snow starts wednesday night, we will go today on tuesday. I have sand and calcium melter for my fight with Mother. Like always I am ready for the battle. Will rest up today, I went to the gym yesterday and will go again tomorrow. Since I go to the gym three days a week my arthritis does not bother me as much. The shoveling lately helps too. My back does not hurt much when I shovel now. I take my time and do not lift more than I have to. You do learn with age, and pain! Please pray for us, some of the people from last weeks storm still do not have power yet.

Thank you for reading my blog. I hope I have influenced some people to never give up. Fight as long as your body holds out! Be bullheaded like me But learn when to run, so you can fight another day. Ask the Lord for help when you need it. Also ask people for help when you have a problem.

Sometimes I question my sanity; occasionally it replies.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Randy, I found your blog on Marcy Coates' Blog . I enjoyed your articles very much. I am 71 years "Young" and relate very much to your experiences. Keep up the good work and God's blessings to you, Mary and the family. I am sending you info about myself and my internet doings. Check it out and see some of my links. My email is kentuckykalling@gmail.com. Drop me a line when you can.
    Jerry Hines aka "The Sports Professor".
    http://all4webs.com/2/a/jerrythesportsman/home.htm
    http://kentuckykalling.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the words of encouragement. I need them at times. I am getting better at this new fangled computer stuff at times. Just figured how to read my replays. Send me an e-mail at rcald@ptd.net Check my new posts, you need a good laugh sometimes! Randy

      Delete