Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Life is a gift; unwrap IT!

Life surely is a gift, it can be revoked at any time. I am raving about this again, because I fell in the suicide driveway again. Ice was too hard for my metal cleats to dig in and give me traction. I did not land as hard as the other time I fell, but it was hard enough to compress my spine and pull a lot of muscles. I am living on pain pills, muscle relaxers and the heating pad. I did not get a lot done this week. When I am lying on the heating pad is the only time my back does not hurt. If you have back pain you know what I mean. I am struggling to sit at my computer, I can't stay in this position too long. I will overcome this recent problem like I have done over the years. Falling again, I lost that battle with Mother Nature, but I am still ahead in the overall war!

With so many things that can do us in, we must be careful on the chances we take. I always carry my cell phone when I leave the house, or are working in the garage. God has been good to me. I have a great family, somewhat good position in life, and lots of good friends. I have had a great life so far, and not ready to give it up. When I had my electrical business I had a contractor cheat me out of fifteen hundred dollars. He will pay up in heaven for all the people he cheated here in the living years. I do not hold a grudge about him, or the guy who tried to kill me on my cycle in 2002. If you carry bitterness it your heart it only hurts your health.

I have missed a lot of days at the gym, buy I figure my shoveling snow and ice work me enough. I will get to the gym when weather permits. We had the grandchildren over last weekend. Like I say it is great when they visit, but always nice when they go back home again. I must take pictures of snow pile in my front yard from the circle and the suicide driveway I talk about so much. Mary says when we can no longer walk up the driveway, we will go up and down in the van! LOL. We do not let anything take over our life as long was we can fight it.

No comments:

Post a Comment