Monday, February 3, 2014

No more please!

Mary just called and let me know she got to work safe. I have to know she is O.K. this kind of weather. Since if she were late they would call her phone and I would never know she is in trouble. Better safe than sorry later. It will be fun in the morning when everything freezes again. I and many more people are tired of this constant cold, then warm a day then two, then cold and snow constantly changing. But since there is little we can do but complain we go on. We do not have it as bad as some. It was 35 below in the dakotas sunday. I don't know if we could survive that low. I'm sure we would.

I am warmed up from my two and a half hour ordeal of digging out after our eight inch show fall. It went better than I thought. I blew the snow, while the kids played in the snow. The neighbor kids had a good time. When I finished the snow removal the township truck came back and plowed snow in front of my driveway again. Always happens! Just took the shovel and pushed the little in front of the driveway so does not turn to ice for Mary pulling in the morning.

I am glad I have the tractor with the snow blower on front. Walking that much, especially on suicide driveway would be terrible. I can blow a lot of snow without strenuous activity. I pulled my astro van out from its place on the circle and blew the snow away so neighbors could park too. I need the tire chains on the driveway to make it up each time I blow the snow away. I am marking the new driveway, but it is the only way I can do it. With the wet heavy snow I could not shovel the entire driveway. Not gouges, just scrapes. Shoveling the sidewalk and stoop were hard enough. I am glad they are not that long, and I took my time and used small shovel fills so I did not life that heavy. Like I say, I am dumb, but not stupid. I learned my lessons when I was younger.

We get one day break, then another snow storm and cold weather. The cycle repeats.Than two day break and snow on the weekend again. The cycle repeats. Mother is testing our guts again. But she will find we are ready to fight her with every ounce of strength we have. We are a tough lot us eastern coast people. We choose to live here and take what she dishes out. We will survive as the song goes. Just every now and then we fuss about it!

Marcy is putting my pictures on my blog. Wish I had some snow pictures to put on. Will have to take some. The snow hill in front of my house is almost eight feet high. The plow keeps pushing it higher. Then when I blow snow from the circle it lands on top and piles up. Would be a great  place for kids to dig a snow fort tunnel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment