Thursday, February 20, 2014

Spoiled Rotten

Yes Mary and I give our kids a lot of love and a great place to grow up. You can see the playhouse we built. Thirty years ago it was one vacation week for labor and about 1000 dollars in material. You cannot see the skylights in the roof because of the snow. We put the side porch on about twenty years ago and made a place for us to sit and a picnic table for the kids.

About ten years ago we added the swings and sliding board. I had a great place to play with a shack that slept two growing up. I wanted my kids to have fond memories too. See the fireman's pole on the right side.



I have electric in the playhouse for receptacles and lights. I even ran a 220 volt line for electric heat. but it is not insulated yet so the heat is not hooked up yet. I built a shelf for firewood, and we kept coal on the ground. I have windows in the sides so the kids can open them over summer. No one has fallen off the porches yet. Now the grandkids are using it over the summer.



I have pictures of my suicide driveway so you can see why I call it suicide driveway. I am careful going up and down when it is icy. The brown stuff on the driveway is sand I spread on the ice for traction after I blow the snow off.

This last time I slipped and fell in the driveway was because I was using the shovel because the tractor with snowblower was being repaired. I got it back for this last storm and did not have to maneuver with the shovel.

My older boy Tim who works with autistic kids used to ride his skateboard down the driveway. I said before he is too much a daredevil like I was when I was young. He is 35 now so he has tamed down too. What we have built, and the kids played with is why we are not in a hurry to move now that we are older. Mary says when we can't climb the driveway anymore we can drive up and down. Our stick to it attitude has embedded itself on her too. We feel we can tackle pretty much any thing within reason together.

This is my faithful Voyager Nomad. It's sitting in the garage, waiting for nice weather so we can go riding again. I miss my iron horse over winter!



No comments:

Post a Comment