Thursday, March 20, 2014

GOD's creatures!!

I went over to Bruce's house, he called, he got his new cell phone in the mail. Of course we had to run back to my place to use the computer to activate it. We got the phone set up, and I showed him how to use it. We went back to his house and I programed some numbers in the phone. I  told him to  carry the phone whenever he leaves the house in case of emergency.

That is what I do. The two times I fell on the ice on the driveway I was glad I had my phone even though I did not need it. I feel safer knowing my phone is there. Every old fart should have a cell phone handy. What did we do before cell phones? Find another way to cope!

I had Bruce call his friend Dave who helped him get the jitterbug phone. Dave said thanks to me for helping Bruce set it up. I said that is what friends are for. Dave said I am a good friend to Bruce. I feel I should help all of God's creatures, and Bruce is one of God's creatures.

Bruce said he will buy me breakfast for helping him with his phone. So saturday we are going to breakfast at The Udder Choice. It looks like a barn and is decorated inside with all kinds of ice cream scoops. Linda is Bruce's favorite waitress. She called Bruce in the hospital when he was in for his stroke. I don't know how she found out, but it was very nice of her. We always sit on her side, and give her a good tip. She runs around waiting on people like she has roller skates on. The place always does a good business. They are open from 5:30 in the morning till 9 at night. It is on route 322 going into Ephrata.

No comments:

Post a Comment