Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Manic,surely not depressed today!!

It is March 18, and the temperature is 64 degrees. Hard to believe it was below freezing yesterday and snowing. We had about two and a half inches of snow in the morning. It mostly melted before supper time. Today it is super nice, I had the sliding glass door open to the sun porch again. The cats are sunning themselves on the plant table again. Mary has more plants started under plastic to keep them moist. Spring is on the way for sure. We are suppose to expect some snow next week, maybe, but it will be warmer every day. I went to the Hess Agency to get my cycle insurance started again. Lisa filled out the forms to get the insurance started. I did not have enough money in fall to renew so I let it lapse over winter. Getting my insurance started again is a sign that spring is soon here and I will be riding cycle again. Jeff and Heather will soon be home from North Carolina and the family will be whole again. Jeff has three years of school to get his Master of Divinity, and then wherever he gets a church we will find out. Jeff and Heather will be riding my cycle again. They both love riding cycle. It relieves stress and makes you feel free. That is why bikers like it so much!

Renewed life is a spring time event. We will get the garden going again, and Mary will pick fresh plants from the garden to make for meals. The kids will play on the playground and in the playhouse. I will be mowing the yard, and Mary will be pulling weeds from the flower beds and garden. No worrying about fighting Mother on the suicide driveway. Not wearing my cleats so I don't slide and fall on the driveway. Going outside with out a coat, and sweating in the heat again. Not being cooped up in the house, unless we want to be. Having picnics outside, and taking sightseeing trips again. AH spring will soon be here.

Yes I am exited, and very manic! I like the time before it gets so hot it is unbearable to be in the sun. Spring and fall is my favorite time. Riding cycle in the worst heat of summer is not my favorite either. I cannot take the heat or cold like when I was young. Old age has robbed me of that pleasure too. I will ride when I feel like it. I can ride in the mornings now. I pick my times when I do what I like. I realize I do not have a lot of time to ride anymore. Maybe 20 years yet. Although I remember a man and wife used to ride around Lancaster at 96 for the man and 92 for his wife. They had a BMW motorcycle with a side car, pulling a tent trailer. Maybe Mary and I can get a side car and pull a trailer. We will see. If GOD is good to us and we can still put our legs over a cycle at that age.

No comments:

Post a Comment