Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Our Dreams!

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them! I am starting to believe my dreams will come true if I try hard enough and pursue what I have wanted for a long time. I want to have a good retirement that Mary and I can do some traveling in the 50 states of this great country we live in. See the sites that we never had the time to travel to before, just take our time and see what this wonderful land we call home has to offer. We raised our family, and now it is our turn to do what we want. The golden years might not be as golden as we have hoped, but we will enjoy them. Our aches and pains flair up, it is not so much fun growing old, but it beats the alternative. We have reached the time in our lives when we are not bound by a nine to five job anymore. A business from home gives us the freedom we have longed for.


And we have talked about renting a motor home and do some traveling. Be able to stop and see the sites we could not before, because we had to be home to go back to work. We don't have to tour with the kids and not stop when we wanted to. We can take the grandkids to see the sites when we want. And we even get senior discounts. A lot of places give senior discounts, but you must ask for them, they are not advertised. We worked hard all our lives, and it is our time to enjoy life as we never could before. I never thought about being retired as I was living life to the fullest. Working hard and doing what I had to. Keeping the yard nice, and fixing up the house. Running the kids here and there. Doing what was expected of me as a father and husband. Now as a grandfather my responsibilities are different, but I still do them as best that I can. When my daughters Durango was kept overnight for inspection I took the granddaughters to the bus stop in my van because the temp was about four degrees and I did not want them to be out in that cold for long. My daughter takes them when it is cold. They walk about two blocks and must stand there and wait for the bus. I know I am a softee when it comes to kids.

Yes the end of the year when Mary retires a whole new life is opening up for us. We are planning on a bigger garden, and to do the yard work more often. Keeping after weeds, and the flower beds will look nice again.

Yes spring will come again, this terrible winter weather will be gone. The world will be renewed and the nice weather will be here! We will be complaining about the sweltering heat instead of the cold and snow. Instead of blowing snow, I will be complaining about mowing the grass and pulling weeds. I will be working in my businesses and keeping busy outside again. All will be good with my world again, till next winter. I will do battle with Mother Nature again, and be raving about something, what ever comes up. My big mouth will keep these pages full and I will be doing whatever I find to take up my time. Evermore!
Flower beds bordering the woods.
Flowers taking over the playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment