Monday, March 31, 2014

Just another rave!!!!

I am working on my business again. It is 1:00 tuesday morning and I cannot sleep again because Mary is at work. I have trouble sleeping when she is not home. She works from nine thirty at night till 5:30 in the morning so she can be home during the day in case our daughter needs help with the kids. When Laura first had Kyra January 10 2000 she was single because the guy did not want any more responsibility in his life. Mary quit her job of monday thru friday so she could help Laura babysit the baby. Now she works every other weekend. She is the night supervisor at a rest home. She has cared for old people since the second year we were married. That would be 1974. The first two years we were married she delivered babies at the hospital. After Laura was born she went into rest home nursing.

We have had a good life raising three kids. Some rough times like everyone has, but we prevailed and now we are both 65 years young and ready to embark on retirement. I have been retired five years. I am on social security disability from a motorcycle accident in 2002. I had my shoulder replaces several years ago. I worked as an electrician and maintenance man all my life. I took a lot of courses in night school over the years and bettered my employment over the years. I always had a hard job, with lots of heavy lifting. And my body shows the scars for it. My knees are shot from kneeling on concrete over the years.  The cycle accident finished my right knee for good. The doctors want to replace it, maybe at a later date. I have had enough operations for now!

Mary has back and hip trouble from all the years of lifting old people in and out of bed. They used to say hard work is good for you. Now THEY are finding out different. The golden years are not so golden. It is harder for me to get out of my lazy boy every day. When I first walk on my left leg, I have to limp till my knee stops hurting in about four or five steps. Mary's right heel is giving her nightmares with the pain. The ligaments are hurt and she has a lot of pain. We keep the pain pill people in business.

I don't like to think how we will fare in the years to come. We just try to stay limber so we can get around. The times I mow the yard or remove snow are getting more painful. And for Mary, doing the jobs around the house get harder every year. We will survive somehow, because we want to stay mobile. We have had a good life, and we want to continue having it! Being with the grandkids helps delay the painful moments. And now that Tim and Sarah are married and Jeff and Heather are together, the thought of more grandchildren makes the pain more bearable.  We need to stay in good health so we can spend time with all the grandkids, even the ones we do not have yet.

You grandparents know what I am talking about. The times of pain are worth being with the kids. The passage of time depends whether you are feeling pain or pleasure at any given moment! If you have pain like us, you know what I mean. My favorite saying is::    Life is 10% of what happens to you; and 90% of how you respond to it!    And we will respond to the pain so we can spend time with the kids even if it feels like it will kill us. 

Thank you for letting me rave again. Randal"HOSS"Caldwell

This is the grandkids we spoil rotten, then send home to their parents. 
This picture is from two years ago. Notice the playground is big enough for future grandkids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment