Monday, March 3, 2014

Thank you Mother, ( I THINK!)

Thank you Mother for not dumping twelve inches of snow on us. The reason we did not get the snow is because frigid air from Canada pushed it south. But now we have below zero cold this week. At least we only got about 2 inches of new snow, but the cold is here for a while to stay. Suppose to be up to 30 degrees by the weekend. Hope they are right and the cold weather breaks.

I will take Mary to work tonight so she does not have to get into a very cold van tomorrow morning. 0 or minus degree temps are not good for old bones. I know from experience! Giving her a ride home in a warm van is the least I can do for my life partner.

When I was working on suicide driveway I must shovel the top eight feet before I start blowing the snow because the tractor coming out the garage and starting down the hill the blower is up in the air till I leave the garage and start down in the macadam and I miss some areas. I was slipping with my cleats again, so I put sand where I shoveled to stand on. Mother you got me twice, and I do not want to fall again. Even stupid people learn from a painful episode.

I called Bruce tonight and harassed him for not riding his Harley this morning. Because of the stroke he cannot work part time or drive and watching daytime TV will drive anybody crazy. I knew he needs a good laugh a couple times a week. I know how it was when I got my operations and was home-bound you go half crazy when you can't get out. Just knowing you can't go out makes it that much more that you want to go anywhere! When Bruce had his heart attack a couple years ago he was home-bound for  weeks, and he survived. We all do what we have to. We complain, but we get through it. Bruce and I will go to breakfast again. He is a good friend. Mary said this summer Bruce and I must ride together again. I agree!

I am learning to take better care of myself. I know I won't live forever, but I am not quite ready to give up yet. Mary and I have a lot of work to do in the gardens this summer.






We need a lot of  time to love the grandchildren yet. And I have to give Bruce a hard time about riding the motorcycle this summer!






We have had a good life so far. I just hope we can keep the good times coming, I know we will try very hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment