Saturday, March 1, 2014

Mother Please NOT again.

Tomorrrow night Mother is suppose to hit us again with twelve inches of snow, and freezing rain and ice again. Mother is really mad at us this winter! Mary does not have to work tonight or tomorrow night, This is her weekend off. But it is suppose to start Sunday night with freezing rain, and then snow all day Monday. We will put on a great battle, and we will survive. It is just a lot of extra work. I will do suicide driveway and take Mary to work as usual. The last two winters I hardly used my snowblower. This winter makes up for two easy winters. It is payback time and Mother has a big purse full of pain.

I have sixty pounds of sand and about twenty pounds of ice melter on standby. The snowblower is gassed up and I will charge the battery tomorrow as usual to prepare for the battle. When I got Bruce to take him to breakfast this morning at 5:30 AM we looked at his trusty Harley in his garage on the battery charger waiting for spring. My nomad is waiting patiently for spring to. Jeff and Heather will be home in spring and give the nomad a work out again. I will too.

No use griping  about the weather, all we can do is fight it when it stops. I will be  out in a gallant battle as usual. Help out the neighbors and clean the circle. Soon you will not be able to see my house from the street as the snow is piling up higher even though my house sits so high on the hill. Just hope the ice is not under the snow, that will be a killer combo for all of us. If that happens we will handle it. We always do. Nurses must get there to care for the old people, witch I will soon be. But my fighting days are not over yet. I am still useful in a limited way! Just not as fast. Glad Bruce got some groceries this morning. At least I don't have to worry about him starving. We will probably get some bread and milk tomorrow like everybody else.

Mother do what you can. We will dig out and carry on what we have to. Mankind and womankind will do what we are meant to. We always have, and we will continue doing it till we are stopped by physical limitations. We are a stubborn people, when you tell us we can't do something, it makes us determined to prove you wrong. Thank you Lord for giving us the determination to carry on in the face of impossible odds!


Mary guaranteed me this is the last snow of this winter! She has been looking for a nice winter coat to go on sale and friday she was at the mall and found a great winter coat. She said that she is finally ready for the cold, so It will probably be warm soon and she will not need the coat till next year. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment