Friday, March 21, 2014

Oh NO Mother on the warpath again!!

Yes, now the weather establishment is saying we may be in for a noreaster next week with lots of snow! I hope they are wrong again! We do not need more cold and snow, come on it is time for spring type weather to befall us. Bruce and I want to ride motorcycle. I even saw some cycles out today. Youngsters no doubt. With good circulation to keep warm. I remember yesteryear when I could ride in any weather and not mind it. Come on Mother, you gave us enough grief this year so far. Cut us a break will you. I hope next week I can tell you it was a bad forecast and nothing happened. If they are right we will survive, but we will suffer, it will be our turn!

Bruce and I are going to breakfast tomorrow like we do most saturdays. We will talk about days of yesteryear when we had lots of hair, and not so much pain in all areas of our now feeble bodies. We had a lot of fun when we ran around together. Not getting in real trouble, but sowing our wild oats. Now when we sow anything it is holes in our clothes. We must behave, because our old bodies can't stand sleeping on those hard jail bunks any more. And the jailers don't give a discount for being over 62 like the eating places we patronize now. We always ask for the senior menu when we eat. You usually get free desert!

Yes we are old farts, but when we reminisce we feel like we are 18 years old again, and can do anything we want, not held back by this or that pain! It is good for our soles to relive our best times, because we will never have them again. We must take pills, and see our Doctors more often than a lot of our friends. I have all my cards to remind me of visits taped on my mirror in my bathroom so I do not forget when I must go to an appointment. I even have all my Doctors numbers programed in my cell phone in case I must cancel for bad weather.


Looking at this makes me long for spring and warm weather! Please Mother no more this winter!

Looking at the Michigan Madman, E.J. Potter makes me feel young again as he rides his fuel injected Corvette motored and nitro fueled Bloody Mary five. The first four crashed. That's why he calls them The Widow Maker. And yes he survived all his exhibition runs and as far as I know is still alive. Just looking at this picture reminds me when I was young and foolhardy!    

No comments:

Post a Comment