Tuesday, March 25, 2014

THANK YOU MOTHER VERY MUCH!!!

Yes it snowed most of the day. It is white on the trees and grass. Nothing but wet on roads and walks. Again the weather people were right. No accumulation where it has to be removed. Suicide driveway and the circle are just wet. I can breath a sigh again. Mary does not work tonight or tomorrow night so even if it did snow much I would not be fighting Mother after dark to open the driveway. Mary goes thursday and friday to a seminar about 40 miles away so she will be home those evenings. I hope she can sleep O.K. those evenings. Sometimes when her schedule changes she has trouble adjusting. I will be glad next year when she just works part time and has more time to garden and spend with the grandkids. She deserves to have more time for what she cares most to do.

I am working on my business again. Watching daytime TV can only go so long before it gets boring. I know how Bruce feels since he can't drive yet because of his stroke. We will  probably go to breakfast saturday again. I must call him later and give him a hard time for not riding motorcycle today before he calls me and does the same thing!     The secret to getting ahead is getting started!    I must read that every day as it is harder for me to get started doing my business. It is to tempting to sit in my lazy boy chair and watch T V. Doing nothing is the easy way out. I must keep busy so my arthritis does not hurt me so much. I have been in pain since I was about 7 or 8 years old. I did not know, I thought everybody had pain like me. I just figured others handled it better than I did. I take pain pills every day, and handle the pain as good as I can. So far it is just something I put up with. If you have arthritis you know what I mean.

Everyone who has reached our age has little pains that surface a lot. Some of us have bigger pains, but keep going. We learn how to live with the aliments we are given and carry on. Life is no picnic, but the good times with loved ones tend to see us through the bad times. We are a people who carry on and do our best. We don't let bad times ruin our good times. If it had snowed a lot today we would have battled the elements and carried on. We do what we have to. We never give up. We know when to run so we can fight another day, but that is not giving up! It is being smart.

Thank you for reading my look on life. I hope it gives you hope to carry on with your life. I know I look at life with a chuckle. I know we all need a good laugh to get us through the hard times. That is why I show my stupid side, we all need to learn from our mistakes so we do not repeat them too often. A learned man told me years ago when I saw a different side of a problem that he could not see. He said that is what I have you for. I can't be smart all the time! And I remember that. Sometimes the smartest people need to get a different perspective on a problem. I look at things differently than normal people! After all what really is normal?

No comments:

Post a Comment