Thursday, March 13, 2014

Nature Calls, Can I answer??

Yes nature's dependent friends, the little animals are constantly calling me. I filled the bird feeders on our japanese cherry tree outside Mary's sanctuary the Florida room. And at 9:00 tonight I put water in the outside cat's dish and checked she has enough food. The neighbors cat who visits for her shelter and sometimes food lay on the table not worried I was there, But our car that lived here since she was born runs outside every time I venture to check her food. After 12 years she is still afraid of her own shadow. I feel I must help all the animals, even the squirrels need help this winter, with all the snow on the ground it is hard to get food. I like to watch the birds feeding. It makes me feel good to help God's little creatures.

Right now it is not snowing and I hope it stays that way. I went to Bruce's house tonight, I could not get him on the phone, it was busy for 45 minutes, and I felt drawn to check up on him. He is recovering from a stroke about six weeks ago. And being 66 years old and gone thru a heart attack about ten years ago with no one to check up on him I felt I should. When I got about 5 miles from his house he called. He wanted to haress me about coming over on the cycle. I told him I was close and would soon be there. He thanked me for checking up on him. He was talking to a friend, thats why the line was busy. I did not want to wait and find out he was in trouble and wish I had acted. Like I said I like to check on all of God's creatures.

Bruce and Dave and I are Going out to breakfast saturday. I called Tom, a mutual friend of ours to tell him about Bruce's stroke. I left him a voicemail to meet us for breakfast and surprise Bruce, because Bruce said he would like to see Tom again. I'm going to take Bruce to the Doctor on monday, he can't drive yet. I will take him to the store for groceries and to get a cell phone saturday. On monday we will come to my house so Bruce can see my blog and read about our adventures. Bruce has no computer.

I hope I don't end up not being able to drive because of old age. I know if I live long enough it will happen. I will adapt what ever happens. We cannot expect to be capable to do everything in old age. I am going to put a new light bulb in Bruce's outside light on saturday. I am not so steady on a step ladder, but I will do it. Bruce needs an outside light.

The only limits in your life are the ones you create in your mind. And right now I believe I have few limits when It comes to helping people.

This is the bike I had when I met Bruce in 1967.

I am not stupid, I will be careful with this old worn body, but I will help friends too. When I help someone it feels too good to pass up. I can do it, at least in my mind!!


No comments:

Post a Comment