Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Weekly call to Marcy

Just had my weekly call with Marcy. She is taking me by the hand and dragging me into the twenty first century computer ranks. That is not an easy task. I am 65 years young, and with my bad memory from so many hits to the head over the years it is not easy. Since my cycle accident in 2002 I have trouble memorizing anything. I have to keep going over whatever I need to imprint on my feeble brain. I am exercising my brain with the tasks Marcy is putting me thru with the computer and it is helping improve my memory. And going to the gym to exercise my muscles, that is making my body more limber too. I just need to get started, then I feel better. But starting to get this old body moving can be trying sometimes. Working my brain is a lot easier

I had Mary's van to the dealer this morning to replace a solenoid that was recalled when I ran across a guy from my teen years. I even remembered his name. I said Scott right, he said yes. I said the brain works sometimes, and he answered yes sometimes?

Yes Marcy I am a lot smarter than I was a year ago, but I have a long way to go yet. I plan on learning as long as I am breathing. Never give up is my motto!

Mother did not give us freezing rain this morning. Next tuesday it might snow again? But we will fight Mother if we need to. Spring is on the way. If I need to put the cleats on my shoes to do suicide driveway I will. Whatever we need to do we will do! We will fight to stay in the living years. I am bullheaded that way. Tell me I can't do something anymore, I will try hard to show you I still can. I am not stupid, I realize some things I can't try anymore, but what I think I can, I know I can, just slower and with caution. Now that Mary will cut back on work the end of the year and we have a chance to travel I want to stay in good shape so we can enjoy our well earned life together. We will do what we want too. When we want too. With not having to hurry back to go back to work. The golden years may not be so golden, but we will enjoy them together!

Spring is on the way. The renewal of life carries on. And we will carry on too!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment