Wednesday, March 12, 2014

If you can dream it, you can do it!

You must see what you want to do in your mind before you can make it happen. At least that is how it works for me. I must see the map in my thoughts. Only then can I make whatever I am planning happen. When I built the shed with playhouse on top at the other house I had nothing on paper. I just visualized  it in my mind. When I built the playhouse here it was the same thing. It was all in my head how it would look before I started. The playhouse does not look too bad for being thirty years old. You can see the fireman pole for sliding down, and the skylights in the roof.You can also see where we sit under the porch. And the wood and coal storage space under the house. I wanted the kids to have a fun place to play like I did growing up. Alas I don't build much anymore. My body is not up to all the heavy lifting and carrying of heavy objects like when I was younger. All good things must come to an end!

I am dreaming about my businesses now, and how Mary and I will enjoy our retirement. Someone else has taken over the work I used to enjoy so much. We still keep busy, but in not such a labor intensive way!  We have learned a very painful lesson about not stretching our muscles like we did when we were young and nimble. We have learned to pace ourselves to fight another day. But we still see the things we want in our minds. Like the back porch Mary loves so much. She knew what to do to finish it inside and saw it in her mind and made it happen. We are so different in many ways, but knowing what we want out of life we both see clearly in our minds what we are going to get out of this life. We are a team and carve out a good life for us and our family.

And we both at 65 won't let anyone push us around either. We stand up for our and our families rights. We will stand pat and enjoy our life. Just not as fast and limber as when we were younger.LOL                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment