Thursday, March 13, 2014

The CALM before the STORM??

Well it is in the single digits, with windchill below zero. At least there is no snow or ice yet! We will see what comes tomorrow morning. The cold I can deal with, just bundle up. The last  snow two weeks ago was terrible with fierce winds and snow. Trying to blow the snow out of my driveway, the wind blew it back in my face. I should have worn my cycle helmet with the bubble over my face. I put my long johns on with three sweatshirts, but I was still cold. I did not stay out as long, just did half the circle. I mind the cold now that I am an old fart. I call Bruce and harass him about riding the cycle in this weather. And he calls me and does the same.

We just went to Walmart for our bi-weekly shopping trip. Everything we don't get at Walmart, Mary goes to Weis Markets to finish the grocery shopping. She works tonight and tomorrow night and has the weekend off. By the weekend it is suppose to warn up. I hope so. The grandkids come over on the weekend and like to be in the Florida room and outside. I need to clean out the garage from winter mess. And soon we need to take the snow blower off the tractor and get the belly mower on. Switch from fighting Mother Nature's snow to fighting Mothers grass and weeds. Mary already has seeds started on her plant table in the florida Room. When it warms up enough from the sun drenching in through the windows she takes her meals out there. Sometimes when she calls her friends she does it from there. I'm glad she has a place to get away and enjoy herself.

I must sit on the heating pad again, my back is bothering me again. Yesterday it was Mary's turn to be hurting, her shoulder. Today she feels better, so it is my turn to be in pain. Luckily we are usually both not afflicted on the same day. Like Mic Jaeger says" Its a drag getting old" but it beats the alternative. Stop back and see how my snow watch turns out. Good for us I hope!


Mary's secret hideaway, just not so  secret when the grandkids are here! Or quiet!

Only those who see the INVISIBLE  can do the IMPOSSIBLE!   Both Mary and I see the INVISIBLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment